Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacation - Day 4

 Today we decided to get on our bikes and do a little riding.  We took a shuttle to the top of Vail Pass.  It's basically a 12-mile downhill bike path.  It was awesome.....pretty much no pedaling.  But you see those gray clouds in the first picture.....well we stayed dry until about the last 2 miles.  Then it poured!  Andy (always thinking) brought along three kitchen garbage sacks from our condo.  They came in handy!  The kids were troopers...but we were freezing and soaked by the time we got back to the car.  Maggie and I were laughing the entire time.  Definitely a memorable experience.  


Aren't we cute!
After we had some lunch and warmed up in the hot tub.....we headed back out to Loveland Pass!

for hiking.... 
climbing...
 and standing on top of the world!
(Can you see them up there...pretty cool, don't ya think!)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Making all those memories...priceless... - Carrie A.

Aunt Pat said...

In the plastic bag poncho picture, Maggie looks like she is freezing to death...but with a smile on her face! Sweet girl!

Mari said...

What a beautiful vacation you are having! Love that last shot!

Tim said...

I'm so jealous! I miss Breck. I just hope that some day my family will agree to a similar vacation. I'm hoping that after they see how much fun you're having that they will want to give it a try.

Tim