Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WFMW-Labels!


If you know me, you know that I ♥ labels.

Labels of any kind really, I'm not picky!

As I was talking with a friend yesterday about the up-coming school carnival, I reminded her to get her labels ready! (Yes, I'm blogging about you, Jody M.)

She wasn't aware of the use for the labels at the school carnival and that got me thinking that maybe others weren't aware either.

Our PTO sells raffle tickets that can be put into buckets that coordinate with a basket that you or your child want to try to win. I usually give my kids a certain dollar amount and that is how many tickets they can purchase.

Then on the back of the raffle ticket, you have to put your name and phone number. The waiting while your child fills out the back of the ticket is painful. It is even more painful if you have to do it for them.

Here's where the fancy labels come in.

Plan ahead. Make up your labels on the computer, I use Avery 18667 return address labels, that size seems to work best for raffle tickets. Then take them with you. You will be much happier and so will your kiddos.

This tip also works at merchant tents at festivals, or other events where there are a lot of drawings.

Anyway, I know many of you know this already, but this tip is to help those of you who haven't already thought of it! Hope it helps!

You can head over to We are THAT family for more helpful tips!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't usually print labels, but take those free return address labels that we all get from different organizations and use them when I need to fill out raffle tickets, or at festivals. The only thing you usually have to write is your phone number which takes no time to write. Just another easy way to fill out those tickets!
Jodi R

Erica said...

I love labels too!!!! They are also great for the backs of school or professional pictures, so you don't have to write the kiddos names and ages over and over :).

Mari said...

I never thought of this - great idea!

Anonymous said...

Ooo! That's a great idea! Thanks!