What's so special about this ratty old blanket?
This blanket was a gift at a baby shower that was given for my mom....for ME!
So it is 37 1/2 years old.
I used this blanket as a kid, but it wasn't until I was a teenager that I started sleeping with it every night. Yes, I wrote that correctly, I slept with a blanket as teenager....and then when I got married....it was still with me! (Sad, I know!)
I even brought it to the hospital with me when I delivered Maggie!
(Warning....the next picture is totally hideous...please remember that I had a very difficult labor/delivery with this child. And please don't judge me...it's really bad!) But there, with me, is the old ratty blanket. Not looking too bad at that point!
But then she took it over and for the past 7 years, the blanket has become hers!
1 comment:
One small correction: the blanket was not a shower gift; it was, instead, made by Grandma Lovell and given to Mom in honor of Traci's arrival -- that makes this "ratty old blanket" even more special.
Post a Comment