However, the discussion started between "Mr. Clean" and myself. I have always done the dusting first....then the vacuuming. That's just how I was taught to clean. I always thought that if you did the dusting after the vacuuming....you'd just be wiping all that dust on to your clean carpet/floors? Right?!?
"Mr.Clean" thinks it's okay to vacuum first, because your dust cloth is picking up the dust and not "dropping" it on the floor!
Anyway...I'd love to know what you do first....the dusting or the vacuuming? Not that I'm going to change my ways or anything (unless someone has a really good reason for me to!)
It's kinda like how the toilet paper goes up and over, NOT down and under!
** Oh, and just for the record....I'm totally grateful for a hubby who is willing to help clean....so please don't think I'm complaining! **
13 comments:
I always have dusted first. Although really, I think we should vacuum first because it could kick up the dust back on the clean furniture.
Amy
I always vacuum last. It's kind of like the final touch of clean. Mike will vacuum in the middle of things but, for me it signals the end! I think that I always figured then you took care of anything that ended up being brushed, or dusted on the floor, and if you vacuum before you're done, you keep walking all over the floor you just swept. I like the floor to have that "just vacuumed" look for as long as possible!
Interesting debate! My husband does the vacuuming and I do the dusting but not always on the same day. My logic tells me that vacuuming should be done first. Wouldn't the vacuum would stir up the dust in the air?
Good point Angie....I think I remember Andy saying something like that too...I might have tuned him out by that time! It's kinda logical though! hum....
Mom always said to clean from the top down. So that's what we always did. Carpets and floors are always last.
Angie is correct. Even the best vacuum droids with the most advanced filters leave traces of dust throughout the household after the job has been completed.
If you will recall, I was assembled on Tatooine, where is a constant bother.
I suggest you experiment, yourself. Have your protocol droid clean the dust from a few places within your household. Then get your Servo droid to work with the vacuum. Afterwards, have your protocol droid go over those surfaces again with a clean, white cloth.
You will find you answer easily enough.
I dust first before vacuuming. My mom always said to clean from top to bottom....
I always vacuumed first and finished by dusting. However, I'm now using a job checklist and they are done on separate days, so no question anymore on what to do first.
PS - the TP always goes over the top!!! :)
I ALWAYS dust first...because those dust bunnies usually fall out of the duster onto the floor. Also, vacuuming is my LEAST favorite chore, so if I save it for last there is a small chance my husband will do it for me!!! A girl can hope!
Dust first. But I like how this is making everyone think! Carrie
I always dust first then vaccuum. Kuddos to your family for working together and getting it done. Since my family doesn't :), I hired a cleaning lady and she starts Thursday! Whoo hooo!!!! She can dust and vaccuum in whatever order she would like!
Maybe if you wore a teeny-tiny French Maid's costume while you cleaned the house, Andy wouldn't notice which job gets done first....just sayin'
Post a Comment