Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Recap!

Halloween is always fun here at the Sullivan Sitcom. And what a better way to kick off the Halloween weekend then to have some fun food to go along with things.

Maggie was out of school last Thursday/Friday due to parent/teacher conferences. I had a great meeting with her teacher by the way, and Maggie is doing great at school...thanks for asking! hehe! However, the pre-school did have class as usual and so Max got to get away from is sister for a few hours of those days.

Instead of dressing up for Halloween at preschool, (can you just imagine all those little kids in costumes...cute I know, but just as you get them all dressed and ready...somebody has to go potty!) they did "BAT" day! They had to dress in black and bring a bath towel (hello...every bat needs wings!) with them on Friday. I joined in on the spirit and decided that the kids needed to have "BAT" cookies for their fun-filled day!

So who do you call when you need BAT cookies and you don't bake? (okay...back up just one second...I can bake....but I can NOT frost) And you need them to be cute? I called up my very talented friend over at Baked Blessings (you can always click on her blog from my sidebar!) for me some super-cute-I-could-have-never-done-that-as-cute-as-she-did BAT cookies...wanna see 'em?



The kids loved them...

I also ordered pumpkins, cause you know, it was Halloween and all. We gave some of our most special friends/neighbors these for Halloween.

Thanks to Baked Blessings for making me look like the good guy without doing any of the work...love you guys!

Anyway...back to Halloween, we had Aaron, Janelle and the kiddos over along with Janelle's parents who came up from St. Louis. It was great to see them all. We also had our friends the Shoemaker's come over and go trick or treating with us. It was cold, but dry and that's all that mattered. All the kids got a lot of candy, had a lot of fun playing with each other and got really tired.

The cutest cowgirl and cowboy I've ever seen!

Some great neighbors...probably our last time trick-or-treating at their house...the for sale sign is up! :(

Trick-or-treating at the Clark's house!


Here we have the entire crew...minus Sloany...she's had about enough of this trick-or-treating business...but boy did she make the cutest Strawberry Shortcake I've ever seen! Adorable...check her out here.



We had a great Halloween, full of fun with family, friends and festivities. Can't get any better than that.

Oh, and just another little side note....the Candy Witch has come and gone. She took all of our candy and left the kids each a little toy. Gotta ♥ the Candy Witch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumm-o I thought you were the baker! 2 cute & thanks!

Mary O

Liz said...

Mrs. Cramer was my 4th grade teacher at Blessed Sacrament. Please tell her I said hi. Looks like you had a great Halloween. The kiddos all looked adorable.

The Shoes said...

Thanks for letting us come trick or treating with you! The boys had a great time. I'm still not sure what to do with all this candy!! They don't even ask to eat it so it is just sitting on the counter staring at me!!