Anyway, I rushed home to get the stuff put away before I had to leave again to get all the kiddos picked up.
I pulled into the garage, and hit the button to open the back of the van. I rarely use this nifty gadget, I usually get out of the van first and go around to the back and manually lift the back door. I usually do this just to double check that I have pulled up far enough that the door won't hit the garage door up at the top.
I guess rushing was my first mistake. And I honestly don't know why I pressed the button inside the van...but I did and yep, you guessed it, a BIG ol' crease. YIKES!
It's didn't make a loud noise or a big thump....nothing. I didn't even notice it til the next day when I was putting something else in the back.
It's not horrible, and most people probably wouldn't even know. But I know, and now it's going to drive me nuts...forever!
I was a little worried to tell Andy, not that he would be mad, but you know...I was afraid of getting that well-how-it-the-world-did-you-manage-to-do-that look. But I should have known, my laid back guy gave me the most laid back response, "Bummer!"
So there you have it, just another tip from this gal who doesn't know much about a lot, but I do know this, don't open the back door of your mini-van without first making sure you are all the way in.
(Tim, I can hear your comment now...."that's just another reason why we DON"T have a mini-van!" - Okay, I'll let you win this one!)
6 comments:
You should have taken the Millennium Falcon, instead.
A few years ago, I backed into the garage door. It had gone up, but for some reason, it started coming down again. It didn't hurt the van, but took the door off the track. Thankfully, Bob was able to fix it, but I was pretty frustrated with myself!
Han Solo, you are so right...but with my luck, it probably would have been out of fuel!
Traci,
I couldn't have said it better myself. That's what you get for having a "fancy" minivan! I did enjoy Andy's response. All you need to do now is get a bumper sticker and cover the dent with it and you will not have to look at it again. We're lucky that the wiper on the back of the Tahoe hits the garage door when the tailgate is lifted. The inside of the garage door doesn't look the best, but then again the inside of the door doesn't look too good where I backed into it in a very similar situation to Mari's.
Loved the story!
Tim
looks like the perfect spot for a bumper sticker! ☺
Ok girl! You need to have that sweet hubby hang a tennis ball from the garage ceiling so you know when you are all the way in! We have 2 of these in our garage!
Trisha :)
Post a Comment