We then headed out and drove another 45 minutes to another camp. There we were introduced to this....
In the picture above, I'm getting ready to do the zip-line. I am standing on the second ledge (at the very top of the picture), 45 feet in the air. First you have to do the ropes course to even get to the zip-line...then climb the tree...then the zip-line. Just so you know, I'm NOT the adventure-some type. This was WAY out of my comfort zone...I mean WAY! I sat there for a l-o-n-g time, everyone was cheering for me...(thanks to all of you for the encouragement), but when it came down to it...I had to tune them all out...focus on something bigger...I had to trust that God was holding me in His hands. He wasn't going to let me fall. I had this overwhelming peace once I put the focus on Him. I leaned forward and fell. Tears were pouring out of my eyes the entire time. I was emotionally drained, but the feeling was something I don't think I've experienced before! What a trip!
This group of girls is the best. They used team work and were very encouraging to each other. I am proud of each and every one of them. You guys ROCK! I ♥ ya!
2 comments:
I'm impressed that you did it! It sounds like a great day for your group!
So fun! What an adventure. You and Andy are awesome. The time you give to these teens. So great for them to have good role models that care about them. Kuddos to you both.
Post a Comment