Tuesday, September 22, 2009

That didn't take long!


Maggie lost her first tooth yesterday. See it, it's the lower one on the left...where that sweet little space is?! Isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen. Okay...maybe not the cutest...but I think it's pretty darn cute. Of course, there's a story that goes along with this cute picture. ~Wow, that was a lot of the word "cute"...sorry about that.~

So yesterday, I just happened to be walking up to the school as the kids were getting out. (normally, I'm not allowed to exit the vehicle for fear of someone seeing me...per the kids!) I was helping to pass out fliers for See Ya At The Pole (that's tomorrow morning, by the way!) and I was trying to catch the kids I pick up so that they didn't go on and try to get into the locked van. I finally saw Maggie walking out with the other girls and she had been crying.

My first reaction was, "oh, no...she was doing so much better with the school thing. Had she been crying all day? What happened to make her cry?" Then, when I looked at her, she did a little half smile and that's when I saw it...that sweet little missing-that-cute-front-tooth-grin. Instantly, I shouted, "Oh my goodness, you lost your tooth!", she smiled and then told me that she really LOST it!

Apparently, it fell out while the class was sitting on the rug after recess. She said she had it in her hand and then it wasn't there. She was so worried that the tooth fairy wouldn't come. I told her several times that is wasn't a big deal, that we would just write the tooth fairy a note and that she would still come...kids loose their teeth all the time, literally.

A few seconds later, the substitute teacher came running out of the school to find Maggie. She said that she said a little prayer, "Lord, please let me find this sweet little tooth for this sweet little girl..." and wouldn't you know...she found it! Maggie was so excited!

She decided not to place the tooth in it's nicely labeled bag under her pillow last night, she wanted to look at it a little bit more. But tonight is the night. Hopefully the tooth fairy will appreciate nicely labeled snack-size Ziploc bag with a tiny little tooth it in...I know I would!

6 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad it was found, especially since it's her first tooth.
She looks adorable without it!

Anonymous said...

Mike lost one of his teeth and he and Wade had to write a note to the tooth fairy. They put the note under his pillow and the tooth fairy found it and left some money. (I think Wade still has the note) marilyn

Amber R. said...

I am SO GLAD she found it! I was worried when I picked Isabel up yesterday because she came out late...she said that she stayed behind to try to help Maggie find her tooth, but that they hadn't found it yet. That first little tooth is so adorable...I am glad she got to bring it home!

Anonymous said...

Another big girl milestone! Congrats to Maggie & Mama!
What was the flag pole thing? I feel that I missed out on something.

=)
Mary 0

Jody Shaw said...

Oh, I'm so glad God answered the teacher's prayer! Fiona swallowed her first tooth this summer while making her bed. Thankfully the tooth fairy doesn't require the tooth in order to leave the money! We weren't going to go hunting for that one! :o)

Jackie said...

Oh, look at her! Darling. And what a sweet teacher to care enough to look until she found it.