Friday, May 22, 2009

Who? What? When? Where? Why? & How?

A little order to my randomness!

Who?

My wonderful Grandma. She has always been a very special person to me. My memories of growing up and spending a lot of time with her is priceless. Those small things that seem so simple are the memories I hold closest to my heart. She always had fat dill pickles on the table with dinner and they were always in the same glass-topped dish with little flowers on the side. Oh, and she never ran out of them. Those pickles were always there. She also always made silver-dollar pancakes for breakfast if we had stayed over the night before. And let me just tell you, the women can make some milk gravy. Even though she has tried to teach me many times, it never turns out as good as hers.

Now I know these are all food related memories, but my memories go far deeper than food.

Her love for the Lord inspires me. She has never been shy or afraid to share that love with others. Her years of service in her church is amazing, and her beautiful singing voice...well, how could you not be inspired by that. God has given her so many gifts and she has used those gifts to serve Him. Just the way it should be.

I am so thankful to have been blessed with such a wonderful Grandmother. And I plan to take full advantage of the precious time I have left with her, however long that may be. I plan on creating new memories with her, ones that hopefully my children will remember when they grow up.

I love you Gram!


What?
What do you do for "mom" time or "you" time in the summer? Last summer I hired one of our favorite babysitters to come over one morning a week, just so I could run errands by myself. It was the best money I spent all summer. Just having a few hours to myself made it easier to tackle the craziness of summer. Think we're going to the same thing again this summer!


When?
When do your kids get out of school for the summer? Today? Next Week? Into June? We are out next Friday here in our neck of the woods! (Gotta love Al Roker!)


Where?
Where have all my comments gone? I know my material hasn't been the best lately, but have I lost all my readers? If you are a faithful reader and have never left a comment, please do so. Maybe you want to, but don't know how? If that's the case, here is a very quick lesson. It's super easy. You can do it.

1. Click on "Friendly Feedback" under my name at the bottom of the post. A box will pop up showing you how many comments have been left (the past few days has been zero, zippo, zilch)

2. Scroll down the the "Leave your comment" box.

3. Type your comment. Please remember how much I love hearing from you. I think I like reading comments even more than when Tim, my UPS guy, shows up at my door.

4. Now this is the part that I think freaks people out. If you have a google account/blogger account, you can use that. If not, mark the "Anonymous" box. Now this next part is the hardest thing that you will have to remember. Remember to sign your name with your comment if you are listed as "Anonymous!" If you have a google/blogger account, than I am able to track you. I can see who left the comment. If you are listed as "Anonymous" I can't track you. Therefore, if you forget to leave your name, I don't know who you are, and that means I can't love you to pieces for leaving me a comment. Go on, try it, go out on a limb and expand your computer knowledge. It's super easy, I promise.


Why?
If you are in my bible study, I've already warned you about this blog post. So sorry that you have to hear this again.
Why, oh why, is it that my new summer haircut which looked super cute when I walked out of the salon last week is giving me fits. I have been struggling all week to get it to look the way she had it. Even after I had my stylist show me exactly how she styled it and I made sure that I was using the same exact product she used, it still doesn't look the same. I know they have a special talent (those darn stylist) but why can't I just have cute hair? Why????


How?
How do you make a cool summer time drink? Either the kid friendly kind or my favorite, the mom friendly kind? Have any good recipes?


Okay, that was a lot of questions, so I hope there is a least one or two things you want to comment about. You can do it! Try it, it's fun!

Happy Friday my Friends!

17 comments:

Jodi R - Iowa said...

I am excited to be the first to leave a comment today. You asked about a cool summer drink (not kid friendly). I will email you the best white wine sangria recipe I have found. It is soooooo good that you are tempted to drink the whole pitcher all by yourself. I'll make sure you have the recipe soon!!! As far as the question why: my why - why do they make dog toys that can be torn apart by the dog and then make a huge mess in my house? You would think that they could make a toy that is indestructible. Have a great long weekend! I haven't blogged for awhile either. May have to do that this weekend!

Larry Boy said...

You know what, Traci. Maybe the problem is the hairstyle.
I think you should switch to a hairstyle in which you part your hair in the middle and braid it on each side and roll it into a bun over each ear. Then take to wearing thin, long white robe-like dresses.
Any time your husband say something to you, just call him a "scruffy looking nerf-herder."

I think a guy like Andy would like that.

Mari said...

You are blessed to have your Grandma yet! She sounds like such a special lady.
I've been a slacker in the comment area lately. I've been working a lot and having things to do in the evening which doesn't leave lots of time. I'm still reading though!

Anonymous said...

OK so I will humor you and leave a post! I LOVE your hair! Every time I see you I think, "wow! That looks fantastic!" So there!

Enjoy your time with your Granny! I never had a Granny that really bonded with us. She had far too many grandchildren and had her favs! But my mother is making those awesome memories with my people and that is fantastic. Enjoy now because you know as well as I do that sometimes life here on earth is cut way too short!

Fun summer drinks - any kind of juice - lemonade, punch, limeade, oj, something odd, etc and mix with ginger ale. Add some fruit garnish and you have a fun punch!

love U LOTS!
Amy

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I really think the hair suggestion mentiond above might just answer your problems. The kids might fall down and kiss your feet as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! I can't join in right now because my husband insists on sneaking his pesky sperm in to ruin my fun....but I hear the frozen tubs of Margarita mix that you leave in the freezer and scoop out as needed are very good. Love the frozen raspberry lemonade cans mixed with lots of ice for a virgin drink.

As far as hair goes...you always look beautiful! I say grow it all out as long as it was when we met. You have gorgeous hair. It might make that bun thing easier too.

love ya,
lani

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, I have been blog deprived for quite a while. Your gram sounds wonderful. Keep trying the milk gravy recipe, you'll get the hang of it!

I'm not commenting on the hair. I've never seen bad hair coming from your head.

For summer drinks, I want Jodi's recipe. I love sangria punch.

For the young ones, check out:
http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Summer-Sips-Refreshing-Summer-Drinks/Detail.aspx

Love Ya
Susan

Growin' With It said...

hmm pickles...hmm, now what else did you say! hahah. love hearing how another family (like mine) has all the glorious food heritage!!

summer vaca? boys are getting out of school early cuz of our move, so our last day is june 11th. and summer time stuff...i'm so used to my boys being gone all day at school now that they are bigger, so summer time is when i soak up 'em every chance i get.

my comments have been sparse...not that i don't love ya, just busy. so here i am to catch up!!

hair issues...you're asking the wrong chick here. just don't try to cut it yourself. have you read my stories on that topic. oh goodness i feel your pain though.

have a great weekend traci!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word... "You are the Sweetest!" You have an amazing gift...one that can make me smile, laugh and cry.. all at the same time. So, when I'm having one of those overwhelming moments and need a little break, your blog is the place to be. Thank you for sharing your family and memories. Love you so much, Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Traci,

Since my sister didn't actually list a drink recipe for the summer, I will. I don't have a name for this drink, but it tastes like grape pop. Need I say more. Over a tall glass of ice you need 2-3 fingers of Smirnoff White Grape vodka (they have it at your liquor store across from V Gallery - I was just there a week ago), a splash of soda water and fill the rest of the glass up with 7-Up or Sprite or diet of either. It rocks! Just ask my family.

Enjoy!! Love, Tim

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

See how easy that was! I can't tell you all enough how great my day has been hearing from all of you! You have totally made my day!

Tim, are you a close personal friend of Obi-Wan...if that's you, I totally need you to get me a autograph. The kids are freakin out that Obi-Wan Kenobi left a comment.

Thanks to all, I knew you could do it, now just gotta get my Dad and Aunt Cindy to comment!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Anyone wanna come over for cocktails? These sure sound yummy!

Beth said...

I was just thinking after the picnic on Monday that your hair looked different and that I liked it. It always looks cute and sassy! I'm embarrassed to say that I get my hair done there because I'm doing a disservice to her awesome work.

As far as a summer drink I love mixing together my favorite wine and ginger ale. But the frozen tub of margarita mix is awesome, too.

Enjoy all you do with your grandmother. Mine has been gone almost 3 years and we didn't have an opportunity to say good bye. I miss her all the time.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is cute.

=) Mary

Anonymous said...

hey trac-
who-i love your grandma memories, the tears were rolling, boy do i miss mine. make the most of the time you still have with her. (and i know you will)
what-definately shopping alone or a girlfriend or 2 or 3 (just no kids) refreshing and more enjoyable and an occasional pedicure is a little piece of heaven - need to do that more often
when-of course same as yours J&A already out
where-sorry haven't taken the time to be commenting, letting the business of life get the best of me
why-you already know that i think your hair is totally adorable and its rare that you have a bad hair day and you don't want to put bella's out of business
how-sorry no good recipes but ill be over for cocktails with all the great ones youve already received sounds like we could have quite a good time tasting em all

LOVE YA, donna

Amber R. said...

Hi Traci! Just wanted to say hello! Can you believe the kids will be done with kindergarten by the end of this week??? Craziness!

Jackie said...

Well, look at that - ask and you shall receieve - you're rockin' the comments on this post! ;) I know I haven't been around quite as much, but I promise I am still reading through my feedreader - I have just been SOOO insanely busy. I wish I had a block of like 5 hours a day to do nothing but read blogs - but that's not gonna happen. :)

One of the summer drinks that we love to make (kid-friendly - sorry!) is fresh limeade - just blend up several limes, sugar and water - it is super refreshing.

And your hair is the cutest in all of your pictures. And I am assuming that it is just as cute in person so I don't think you have anything to worry about!