Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday Bash!

The birthday party was a huge success. Maggie had a ball. She was totally in her element. She was herself. She was her goofy self, almost to the other extreme. She loved having her Daddy there, it was a good day.

I really didn't know how things would work out, but the timing turned out perfect. The girls were all so well behaved and I even had a great little helper, thanks Isabel. They ate lunch, we made bracelets (or necklaces for their webkinz), we opened presents (I'll get to that in a minute), they ate their "dirt" desserts, and then Andy played some games with them. The time actually flew by.

All the girls! Thanks for being so good!

Maggie and her new American Girl Doll, Julie!

Run, Run, Run!

Playing duck, duck, goose in this picture!

Maggie received wonderful gifts from everyone, a entire kitchen table full to be exact. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the basics where kids were just excited to get together, play some games, and maybe eat a little cake. I wish it wasn't about the presents. But she's a kid, this was her very first "birthday" party, so I guess I'll give her that. She got a lot of great craft stuff and some wonderful gifts that she'll be able to use all summer. So many thanks to all of you!

Oh, and all the girls really seemed to love their new flip-flops, and most of them fit! Yippee!

This is the picture of my kitchen table when we got home. My, oh my!

Grandma and Paca were able to come to the party and help out. Papa and Jane stopped by later in the afternoon, (Papa, thanks for keeping Max today too....no boys allowed at the party) Aunt Jodi stopped by to see the birthday girl and we had dinner with Grandpa Dave and Bonnie. It was a great day.

After getting "thank you" notes done and dinner, I headed straight for a hot bath, watched American Idol, and was off to bed. This mama felt like I had just been through child birth...well, not that bad.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful birthday comments for Maggie, we both loved reading them!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like it turned out perfect! Such a cute pic of your girl and her new doll.

Pat Palamar said...

This is what memories are made of.......

Mary said...

Hey, slow down on the thank you notes you are making me look bad! We are still working on ours. Also, I think I need to find a nice way of telling Lena to quit "posing"! Thanks for inviting Lena. She had a great day!

Jackie said...

What a princess - and a perfect day! Happy belated birthday to one of the MOST beautiful girls I've ever seen. :)