Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I can't make this stuff up!

This is how the conversation went at the dinner table last night:

Andy: "So I just about ordered your Mother's Day gift today!"

Me: "Oh, yeah...so you got my "hint" on the blog the other day, right!"

Andy: "No, what was the hint? I haven't been on to read the blog for a few days."

Me: "Nothin...I know it's out of the question and I was just kidding anyway....plus we have way to many medical bills right now, sigh...."

Andy: "What was it?"

Me: "Just a new laptop...that's all!"

We both looked at each other....and he had a big grin on his face....

Andy: "I've had the guys (these are the guys who work for him...I'm sure they are supposed to be doing actual work) watching for a super deal...and today they found one!
But I wanted to check with you to make sure that you still wanted a laptop verses a new dining room table." (I've been saving up for that too!)

Me: "Do I have to use the money I've been saving for the table to put toward the laptop?" (I'm always thinkin...and if I had to use that money...my plan would be all out of whack!)

Andy: "No, that's for your table...it just may take longer to get your table....are you okay with that?"

Me: "I'm totally okay with that! It will be nice having the kids around to eat dinner with us for a little while longer." (cause you totally know that they won't be allowed to sit at the new table....just kidding)

Andy: "I'll order it...but your not getting it til Sunday!!!"

Me: "It won't be here by Sunday!"

Or will it????

5 comments:

Beth said...

Good deal! I don't think Mike has anyone watching for a good deal for him so I'm sure that getting a lap top for me won't be this easy! Plus were in the same boat - we need a dining room table (among other things!) Enjoy!

Kimberly said...

AWWWWW!!!! That is so sweet!! And you get to still save for your table....what a guy!
I am so happy that you have such a wonderful love to share with your children...and all the young ones you mentor!! What a blessing you are!

Growin' With It said...

WHAT.A.MAN!!! now that's the kinda lovin' bloggers love. be sure and have him take a photo of you with it so we can see too. ☺

Colored With Memories said...

yay! you'll love it!

Jackie said...

For real???? That's awesome! So he really didn't see the hint on your blog? He just knew? Good man!