My girl, my sweet Magpie, is finally starting to come around. She isn't as shy and stand-offish as she used to be. She is starting to show her true personality as the friendly, sweet girl that I know she is. Going to school everyday has been a great blessing for her!
Last Tuesday night was her school Christmas program. I think I was more nervous than she was. You see, my sweet girl, isn't much of a performer. She doesn't like to be the center of attention in any setting. She doesn't like when people make a fuss over her. It's just not her! So when we were talking about the upcoming school performance, she confessed that she was a bit nervous.
So I told her, "don't worry, everyone will be"......and she totally interrupted me with this, "looking at their own kid, I know mom!" The girl took the words right out of my mouth.
She went on to tell me, "You know, Nana would have loved to come to my program, we're singing 'Joy to the World', and that has her name in it!"
My reply, "You're so right honey and guess what!?"
She did it again, "Nana will be watching me, won't she mom!" Does this girl know me or what?!
"Yep honey, she will be watching from heaven, smiling and probably crying cause she is so proud of you!"
"I'm gonna sing my best for Nana!"
Tears were pouring out my eyes by this time and she said, "Are you sad Mom?"
"Yes, honey, I'm sad.....I just really miss her!"
"Me too, but remember that she is always in our hearts!"
Oh, how I LOVE this girl. She totally "gets it" and I love how her little mind works, even at the age of 5.
Here is the video of her school program: Check her out, she's the girl behind the boy in the stripe sweater in the front.
This one is Maggie and Max (in the front) at the church program yesterday! Short and sweet!
What a blessing these kids are to me, I am thankful everyday that God gave me these two wonderful kids to bless my life and show me all the love they give. God is so good!
4 comments:
I love it! How sweet! Ok, Mom, were you taking the church video? I didn't hear you singing Away in the Manger! :)
Maggie is such a sweetheart. She will always have wonderful memories of her Nana. Mrs. Joy Sullivan was a very sweet lady who is missed by so many. Thanks for sharing that moment with us. Good job, Maggie.
I'm sure the holidays are so hard without Joy. She was loved my so many and I'm sure she is so proud of you and your family! I love your blog...I need some tips!
Hey that's cute. The boy in the striped shirt is my Sam. Tee Hee :-)
Post a Comment