Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Friends

We have the best group of friends. We have so much fun with these people. We are also blessed to have each and every one of them in our life.

Once a month we gather to play euchre, have some great food and drink, and laugh till we almost pee our pants. This month, we didn't even get to the "cards" part. We decided to do a white elephant gift exchange this year and what a hoot it turned out to be.


The group

Jason got an electric bug zapper (looks like a tennis racket to me!)

I got this beautiful set, I can't wait to hang them in the bathroom! (Owl towels!)

Andy got the YES/NO pillowcase! Just to make things clear!

Nicole got.....

A package of 40 hot dogs....(if you are thinking dirty thoughts...shame on you!)

Lisa got a gorgeous broach!

Donna got an "EASY" button....lucky duck!

There was the box of half eaten chocolates, the gift bag full of spare computer parts (my hubby was in heaven), the awesome little book full of jello shot recipes, an original Billy beer and a box of Wheaties that you could put your picture on. We laughed so hard, I had makeup running down my face. It was a great way to kick off the holidays!

How lucky we are to have such a great group of friends!

5 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I love how Mark is peering over my shoulder to see why I'm laughing so hard!! I just was NOT expecting that big bag of hot dogs. Oh, it was a fun night.

Mari said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful group of friends! Good friends are such a blessing - and yours look like they have a great sense of humor too!

Growin' With It said...

that pillow case is AWESOME and hilarious. oh how i love white elephant gifts and boy are there some great ideas in here. especially the half eaten chocolates!

Anonymous said...

We do have a lot of fun. Looking forward to next month and jello shots.
I still can't believe you ate half the chocolates!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ladies...Today, I bought a gift for next year! It is beyond anything that we saw on Friday night. Not to wish the year away but I can't wait!!!

ps...if I forget about it b/w now and then, remind me that I already bought somethin'