
You might have already seen my trees earlier this week when Sara had us show them off....We are THAT family is showing them off today....so I'm linking up there too!
The "Mommy" tree....yep, this one is all mine. White lights with silver and clear glass ornaments and my most prized Christmas possession. The ceramic nativity under the tree belonged to my great-grandmother. And even though the angel's wing has been broken and re glued several times and the donkey's ear is missing. I LOVE this nativity!


The kids each have tall, slender trees in their rooms and they love to put the lights on in the morning when it is still kinda dark and they really love to see the lights glowing from their room. I have found them both in their rooms just looking at their trees. What great memories. My mom also gets them each a new ornament every year and so when they are all grown-up and have their own trees, they will have enough ornaments to fill it up.
(it looks like it's leaning, but really it's my poor camera skills!)
I usually have a tree in the kitchen too....however with all the "redo stuff" going on in there...I didn't do it this year. Next year, there will be a tree in the kitchen again....
**sorry about my spacing issues...I don't have time to try and fix it! It's driving me nuts!**
14 comments:
uggg. my computer is so cranky this morning. all the photos came up EXCEPT for your big tree. i'll come back and peek later. i'm curious about the nativity scene. that sounds like such a beautiful idea.
well, the skinny trees are my favorite. they are so cute! and your redo story about the kid's tree sounds like something i would do.
there is something about sitting in the dark and looking at the tree all lit up that makes me feel like a kid again too.
fun post traci, and i hope you win too! umm, that sounds like i'm rigging it huh?!
Your trees are wonderful!!
Growing up, we did something similar to you....Mom had her beautiful tree in the living room and my siblings and I shared a tree in the family room with fun, homemade ornaments on it. I'm going to continue this tradition with my family.
I want to see the nativity!
You can't talk about it and NOT show it! I can't believe you have four trees, and one that didn't get put up. They are all beautiful! Thanks for sharig even if it was for caramels!
Oh my, I love all of your trees. I can't show this post to my daughter - she loves seeing pictures of your princess - because she is going to beg for a tree in her room too!! Thank you for sharing!!!
I love your trees! They are all so beautiful! Have you ever tried a real tree with kids? We had a real tree growing up, but I'm afaid to try it with 3 kids and 3 dogs. I can see it losing (or being stripped of ) it's needles in 2 days! Seems like artifical is becoming much more popular.
I came back with the kiddos...thank you for adding the pictures of your nativity! IT is beautiful. The kiddos like that your tree looks glittery!
Hi Traci! I love your blog! The design is great, your kids pictures are so cute and I've enjoyed reading it. Your trees are really pretty. I like that your kids have their own trees. I got one for my girls when they were about junior high age, but didn't think of it when they were young and I know they would have loved it. The tall skinny shape is perfect for a bedroom. I also love your Nativity, especially since it's got that sentimental value attached to it.
I'll be back!
I loved all of your trees, but your "Mommy" tree is by far one of the prettiest ones I've seen today!
If there is one thing I have longed for it is enough space to have a "Mommy" tree. I think I would want to put my nativity there, too. For now, it is up out of the dog's reach. Small house, big dog. Go figure.
Any way, I like your kids' tree too. What a great idea!
now i see it! the big tree and so glad i peeked again cuz that is truly a store model kind of gorgeous tree. beeeautiful!
I luv the tall slender trees- very cute!
Love all of your trees. What a fun house and so festive. Did Andy decorate the outside of the house too? We just have one tree. I updated my blog with pictures of the boys putting it up. I've been bad about updating lately. Your manger is the same one my parents have, at least it looks a lot like it.
Whoa, your skinny trees for the kids are sooo cool! I love this! I might have to steal this idea for my little one...she would love it. Your decor is awesome.
Oh, your Mommy tree is DIVINE. I love it.
Your kids tree is so cute. I'm going to do this one year (when I don't have toddler)! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment