Joy was such a wonderful person, I truly wish all the world could have known her. She had something special about her that I don't see in many people. She was special. Her love for the Lord showed through her love for everything else. She was a daughter, a sister, a wife, a friend, a nurse, a mother, a grandmother, and a spiritual teacher. All those duties, were performed with the Lord by her side.
She battled the cancer for 3 long years and was a trooper every single step of the way. And even though is hard for those of us left here on earth, knowing that she is pain-free and with her Lord and Saviour makes all the difference.
Below is a letter that I found that Andy started to write. He was planning to read this at the funeral. His feelings took over and he wasn't able to read it, but I feel that it is totally worth reading...
Mom, Joy, is there anyone more fitting to carry that name? You have impacted so many lives and spread so much love and joy. While preparing this, I did some searches for joy, and found a wonderful quote from Mother Theresa that sums it all up.
Joy is prayer - Joy is strength - Joy is love - Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.
Mom, you are that net. No one will ever know how many people you consoled, counseled, and led to a better relationship with the Lord, but the numbers don’t matter.
Your devotion to us, your family, and God, has been an example for all. As I reflect back on everything you’ve done, there is incredible consistency. That consistency is your dedication to God, never ending selflessness, and abundant compassion. You never had to tell us “Do as I say, not as I do”. You taught by example, not by words. When asked to serve, you willingly gave. You were never too busy or too tired. On the contrary, you embraced every task as a blessing and opportunity to serve the Lord.

6 comments:
I pray for your family today as you think back on all the wonderful memories you have of Joy. The letter Andy wrote was very touching. Thank you for sharing the letter and the beautiful pictures. Take care and may God bless you all.
Remembering & missing her so very much today.
Thank-you for the wonderful tribute to Joy. She truly fit her name, and there was no one that could have been named better. I miss her too and get a little tear in my eye just thinking about her. An extra big hug to your family today!
You guys have been on my mind today. What wonderful memories! Thank you for sharing with us!
oh to have my own son say that about me some day. and the phrase, "joy is strength"...beautiful! it also says a lot that as a daughter in law you loved her very much too. sad for you all today, but rejoicing with you in knowing you will see her again!
my thoughts and prayers were with you guys from the moment i awoke until my eyes closed for the night yesterday. i still miss her so. there was no one as special as her.what a great day when we will all be together again. tears flowed as i read andy's letter, thanks so much for sharing that. love you guys. donna
Post a Comment