Only four short years ago, my life changed yet again.
I can honestly say that I wasn't prepared to get pregnant again so soon after having Maggie. I had a really difficult delivery with her....to the point of almost having an emergency hysterectomy. It was bad. Maggie was only 7 months when I found out I was pregnant. I think I cried more than her at that time. I cried a lot. Not that I didn't want this new baby, but because I didn't know how I was going to make it. I was new at this "motherhood thing" and I was trying so hard to be this "perfect mommy" which I found out really quickly doesn't exist. I wanted a little more time to get the hang of it. Plus, I didn't know how I could love another baby as much as I loved her. Everyone told me it would be okay....that you just adjust and that I would have plenty of love for this new baby.
And I did.... and still do!
His delivery was a piece of cake! Exactly what I had prayed for. A cross hung on the wall in my hospital room, right across from my bed. So that is what I looked at the entire time I was in labor. I truly felt a peace come over me. Like the Lord was standing right beside me during the entire event. He was perfect and healthy and this time I could enjoy the first few minutes with my new baby.
Max,
You are such an amazing kid. You have so much love to give. It pours out of you! You are sensitive and caring and I'm afraid that I have passed on to you my very tender heart. I can just look at you wrong and you will start to cry. You are so easy going, and not too many things bother you (well, except Maggie, but that's her job as a sister!) You just go with the flow and I love that about you.
Your smile is priceless and when you enter a room, everyone notices you! I love that when you get hurt and I pick you up to comfort you, you are the one patting my back.
I love your little face and those beautiful bright hazel eyes. Someday you will melt all the girls hearts with those eyes.
You are such a sweet and sensitive boy and I hope that you stay that way always.
God has big plans for you and I'm so lucky he chose me to be your mommy.
I love you very much!
Love,
Mommy
5 comments:
Oh, Happy Birthday, sweet boy! I didn't realize your two were so close in age.
And I need to speak to you about working out some kind of arranged marriage between your boy and my girl. They would be so cute. ;)
Oh wow, i didn't realize they were so close either! Wow, and he and Lily are just a few weeks apart...move over jackie (savannah)...lily has first dibs!
Happy Birthday Max! We are so glad you came into this world!! Where would Dax be without Max??
We hope you had a great day!
Love,
Marci, Dax, & Finny too =)
Happy Birthday Max!
You can definitely tell that that was baby Max in those pictures. I missed you guys while we were gone. Plus he already melts us girls with those eyes. HAPPY BIRTDAY MAX!
Love,
Hayley
Post a Comment