Thursday, October 30, 2008

From Hayley's eyes....

This has been in the works for a while now. I just got the pictures from Brenda! Hayley, thanks for writing this and for being so patient. Great job!



Hello, blog friends. I'm Hayley and Traci has asked me to write the entry for this because I have been nagging at her about it forever. I hope you enjoy it. A few weeks ago my junior high youth group was going to a concert. My friend Cori and I were really excited. We were expecting to see a whole bunch of youth when we got to the church but all we saw was a bunch of little kids and their parents. Now don't get me wrong I love each and everyone of them but I was looking forward to spend a night with my age group. When we found out that some of the kids were going we got kind of disappointed and I started second guessing if I wanted to go because there was more people not in youth than that are in youth. It was really nice of our leaders to ask us if we still wanted to go but we went anyways. So all of us including: Traci, Brenda, Connor, Kate, Mike, Lily, Cori, and I all piled in and headed off. By the way Brenda's husband Chris was meeting us there. Something that was really cool was when we got there we were kind of confused about where to go but we got help from this man who turned out to be from the opening act. They were from a group called Two Cent Offering. They were really good and they seemed super nice. It sounded like it was like a new kind of Christian music even though it wasn't. Plus Traci and I have crushes on them. While we got refreshments they started setting up for the main band called Remedy Drive. When they started playing Kate and Connor got scared because they are much louder than the opening act. They ended up leaving with their dad Chris. Remedy Drive was awesome they are a rock and roll Christian group. Even though I couldn't hear what they were saying and I couldn't even hear myself after they were done it was still an amazing concert. After Remedy Drive was done Cori and I wanted to get pictures and I wanted autographs. We kind of chickened out but then Brenda asked for us so we got pictures with our two favorite guys from Remedy Drive, we weren't able to get the pictures with the guys from Two Cent Offering, and I never got my autographs but oh well. On our way home we stopped at Steak 'n' Shake to get milkshakes. Cori and I ended up having a great time. Everyone in the car could tell because we didn't stop talking or laughing the whole ride home. Plus we made up the best jokes ever. To all the junior high youth that didn't come, YOU MISSED OUT!!!!! Enjoy these pics from our great time.

Cori & Hayley


Cori, Traci & Hayley


Just being goofy!


What's his name again???


The lead singer dude!

1 comment:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Ok, I'm totally laughing at you sillies. Great pictures, wonderful first blog post by Hayley. If you could hear me, you'd know I was clapping. (well, I was clapping before I was typing) I wish I had been having that much fun that night! =) Love ya!