Andy and I, along with another couple from church, are the junior high youth advocates. We get the great privilege of hangin' out and getting to know each of these kids. Andy and I already know a big portion of these kids because we co-teach the 8th grade confirmation class on Sunday mornings.
These kids are awesome! They are so much fun. Last night, we had them over for a "game night!" We did a scavenger hunt outside, but it was really cold and windy, so after a half hour or so we came in to warm up. We ate some hot chili and some other goodies and then just goofed around. We didn't do a lesson, we didn't even pray (oh, but we will), we just hung out.
We really want to build their relationships with each other and with us. We want them feel comfortable with us and to have that bond with us, so that if they ever need help in the "I need an adult that's not my parent" kind of way, that they feel they can come to us. I hope we can accomplish this!
So my third child had a few fun ideas up his sleeve:
1 comment:
SUPERCHICK CONCERT....WHERE DO I SIGN UP?...I CAN BE AN 8TH GRADER FOR THE DAY!
Wow....you two are such a blessing to these kids!! I can't even tell you the change in my daughter's life from just one weekend spent with you! Our youth so need the atmosphere of love and learning that you are providing!
Post a Comment