Friday, October 17, 2008

Fit Friday - Week 1!

It's official, I have come the conclusion, that I MUST do something about this weight. It's not going away on it own. For the last several weeks a few of my friends and I have been trying to think of a good way to keep each other motivated. And it is hard. I do so well one week and then the next week I do horrible and make up all kinds of excuses and try to justify my actions with something or another. And it has to stop! Today is the day!

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime has started Fit Fridays and I'm joining in. I need to have some goals and really try to get to them.




Here they are:

Goals:
  • More upper body strength....I am so weak, sometimes I don't know how I am able to lift my kids.
  • To have my current clothes fit better. My several pairs of jeans are a little tight (but there is no way in H-E- double hockey sticks that I will buy the next size up!) It just not going to happen.
  • To work on my baby tummy and arms and really try to get the muffin top under control and some definition in my arms
  • I'm not really going to worry about the actual number, I would rather feel the results as to see them (if that makes any sense)

Here what I will do:
  • go to the gym at least 3 (1 hour) classes a week
  • stop finishing food off of my kids plates (oh how I hate to waste food)
  • drink water, water and more water (I'm so bad at this.....not that I drink soda instead, I just don't drink anything)
  • portion control !! Yes, this is my big problem. I really don't feel that I eat bad throughout the day, but when dinner comes, I'm hungry, so I eat more than I should.
  • We are going to start using the "salad" plates for dinner. Smaller plate, smaller portion and no seconds!!!
  • Little healthy snacks throughout the day, that way I won't be as hungry at dinner time. These are my new favorite veggie, String less sugar snap peas! Yummy!
  • Saying "NO" to the extras when out to eat.....no mayo, no sour cream, no extra cheese! Goodbye good friends, I will miss you, but I know I don't need you.
  • Oh, one little confession from early this week. I had a busy day on Monday and I only had a Kashi bar for breakfast (I know bad me), I had been running around doing all kinds of errands and was headed back to get the kiddos when I stopped at a Jimmy Johns and got a #4 (Turkey Tom and yes, it had mayo) I ate the entire sandwich, it was so good. I won't be giving Tom the complete boot. I can still have the #4, just without the mayo and cheese! It won't be the same, but I don't want to be the same either!

    So there it is! It's in writing for all of my two followers! I will be posting how things are going next Friday, so stay tuned.

9 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Good luck! I am joining up as well and am really hoping this will keep me accountable. I totally understand the cleaning of the kids' plates--I think that may be where all my troubles began, well, that and a deep and abiding love for all things chocolate! Anyway, I am rooting for ya!

Jackie said...

Way to go! I am a big chicken and am not doing a post or linking up, but I have certainly been inspired by Missy and all of you, and so I'll be stepping it up, too.

I HATE wasting food and I am so bad about eating whatever is left over. And also about eating too much at dinner. I think you're right, the key is to eat more (healthily) throughout the day so that we aren't STARVING by dinner.

Colored With Memories said...

i'm glad you are doing this too.

i am also bad about finishing off my girls' food. especially french fries at McDonalds...how could they leave any uneaten?

Missy said...

Gosh, I always swoon at the photos of your kids.

Ok, welcome!! So glad you are joining us!

I am just as bad at finishing the kids foods.

I don't get mayo on anything and you know what? I almost never miss it. So many places now offer fat free mayo too.

Brittany said...

Way to lay out those goals!!! Your kids are beautiful!!!

Membership Required said...

Just a quick hello and a good luck this week "fit friday sister."

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I'll be getting my Fit Friday goals up in the next day or two! Love that I have a friend to do this with!

Lisa said...

Very pretty blog. This seems like a great way to lose a few. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

I had a turkey tom today! I was bad I need to join this Fit Friday.