Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pack your bag, YOU might get a call!

Yesterday I sent an email to the girls that I'm going shopping with this weekend. It's the same girls who went on a scrapbook weekend a few months back. Remember the shirts?! This time, we are leaving at the crack of dawn (Sassy is to be at my house @ 5:45 AM), picking up the other girls and then heading north to do some major outlet mall shopping. All I remember hearing is something about a TJ Maxx outlet and I was in. So we will shop there tomorrow, and then head further north to where we are staying. We will get a nice dinner and then hit the sack. Or a least try to get an hour or two of sleep. Then up again really early to go to the American Girl warehouse sale. This will be my first experience with this and I'm a little afraid. Princess and Pinky have been several times and they say it's just crazy! If they think it's crazy then it must be totally out-of-my-league. There are all these guidelines and restrictions on what you can buy and how many you can buy, you have to bring your own bags and have tickets to get in. Craziness I tell you! Pure craziness! I'm looking forward to the challenge. It will be fun to watch all these women go wild over these dolls. After that adventure, we will hit a big scrapbook store on the way home late Saturday afternoon/evening.

So I came up with a few little guidelines myself and sent them all this email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay girls,

Here is the list of "shopping trip" guidelines:

  • bring only the essential getting-ready-items
  • the above essentials must fit in the smallest duffel bag possible (this is to allow for more space for our purchases on the way home)
  • adult beverages ARE considered an essential and ARE allowed (I will have a cooler available)
  • since we are leaving so freakin' early in the AM, coffee is a must, Sassy, can you pack your travel toilet?!?!
  • please bring your eye drops, looking at price tags all day tends to dry your eyes out
  • wear comfy shoes (or at least buy some new ones while you are there)
  • an over-the-shoulder purse is best, this allows you to have both hands free. This also allows for any code words/signs we might have to use!
  • Since I am driving, the passenger next to me is in charge of: directions, radio, AC, snacks, etc. (Pinky, I guess that will be you, since #5 & #9 should be taking a nap to catch up on their sleep)
  • There is no time limit on how long we will be in a store, however, if everyone else has left you and are sitting in the front of the store, that might be a sign that they are ready to move on.
  • If you are the one waiting for another to finish up, MOVE ON! We all have cell phones, we can find each other when we are done.

If you are unable to follow these guidelines, please consult me, as we will have to find someone else to go in your place!
Thank you!

hee, hee! Just trying to have a little fun today!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I were you, I would get your bag ready, I might be calling YOU to fill in for one of these girls!

3 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

So cute!! Have a great trip & take notes on the TJ Maxx Outlet - I want to hear all about it!

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Too funny! I would totally go just to take pictures, well, and to point and laugh, ok so really I'd shop too. I'm just so proud of you for not going back down the tee shirt alley. This way I'm not embarrassed to call you my friends! If you have room in those bags and you're not over your limit I'm hoping maybe a Ruthie doll will somehow make it's way home to me! I'll be praying for you, and all the others that run across your path!

Colored With Memories said...

love your shopping guidelines! have a great time!