Okay, so I would call myself a regular attender of our local Gold's Gym. I'm NOT an everyday gym goer, but I do attend a class on a regular basis. I go to the Monday and Wednesday morning class and sometimes even a Thursday night class. I've been going for a few years now and have really enjoyed the instructor and step class that I attend. Back at the end of May, they switched up my normal step class and finally went to the Les Mills Body Step class. I was nervous at first. Change is always a bit hard for me. But I went and LOVED it. I'm not the type of person who can go to the gym, run (or walk in my case) on the treadmill, do a few weights and feel good about it. I'm the kind of person who needs a good instructor, very LOUD music and great friends to help me get through the hour of pure hell. That is why I love this class.
Here's the thing, since we went from a somewhat low impact step class to a very high impact class, my knees are really feeling it. I had to take Advil last week to see if that would help and I hate taking any meds. So yesterday I skipped the class, I thought maybe my knees could use a break, and drove to a local running store to buy some "good shoes." I'm really hoping this will help.
The hard part is knowing how important it is to exercise and finally finding something I really "like" to do and now this. I really hope the expensive Saucony shoes with super thick sole will help support these oldish legs so that I can get back to my favorite hour of hell a few times a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment