Friday, July 25, 2008

100 Memories!

So this is my 100th post. This is a huge milestone for me. I never in a million years would have thought I would keep this blog thing going. But it is fun and an easy way for me to keep track of the funny little things my people do and say. So many bloggers do fun and exciting things in honor of their 100th post. It's a big deal. I, on the other hand, don't have any thing fun to "giveaway" and I can't even come up with 10 new things about me (I've read 100 things about people) and they are very clever. So this is just another, everyday post. To me, that is why I started this blog in the first place. As selfish as it sounds, this blog is for me! I'm not out to get a huge number of readers and/or comments, although I love hearing from you. This blog was created as a journal for my family. To keep out-of-town family and friends updated on our lives. There are so many fabulous blogs out there, wonderful writers, who are creative, inspirational and down right funny. While I'm none of those things, this blog is mine and is for me and my people and that is what I have to remember.

So here it is, my 100th post, 100 memories that I will be able to look back on! I'm very excited!


Yesterday was a cool and rainyish day and I thought it would be a great day to go to a movie. I phoned my mom and then Gram to see if they were both up for an afternoon movie. They were up for it, so I told Maggie the plan. We would pick up Grandma Lovell (my Gram) and then meet Grandma & Paca at the movie theater. Paca would take Max back to his house (Max totally can't sit though a movie yet!) and just the girls would go see "Kit Kittredge, An American Girl" movie. It was a great time. I try to always carry my camera in my purse for times like this. After we found our seats, I had the couple in front of us take our picture. Now, it may sound crazy to have your picture taken in a movie theater, but there we were, 4 generations, sitting there getting ready to watch a movie that ALL of us could enjoy. It was a moment that I wanted to remember. And now I can:


The movie was fabulous! A great movie for any age. It's so nice to be able to go to the movies and not be afraid that a word or two may be heard, or a scene viewed that you're not ready to explain to your child. This is just a very nice movie. I totally give it five stars!


So there it is, my 100th memory shared on this blog. I'm looking forward to sharing 100 more of our family memories with you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th! I'm happy that you are still at it- I am a dedicated reader. I'm sure Maggie loved the Kit movie- she (Maggie & Kit) are just so cute!

Princess, otherwise known as "5" or just plain ol' Me

Colored With Memories said...

Congrats on 100 posts!

Do you think an almost 4 year old would enjoy that movie...or is that too young?

Jackie said...

Happy 100! That is really awesome!

donna said...

yeah for 100 posts! i am addicted to checking in every single day! keep up the good work! what an appropriate movie to see after the shopping extravaganza at AG sale! love ya'!!

pinky,#7, seperate checks please!