Last night I had dinner with a great group of girls. These are all girls from church. In the past, I have referred to them as my "church friends." However, I have realized that these girls have become much more to me than just "church friends", they are my friends!
I love that I can be myself ~ quirks and all ~ I love that I can laugh with them, cry with them (have I mentioned that I'm a big cry baby), shop with them, scrapbook with them, drink a beer with them, blog about them and just have tons of fun with them. We have shared joy, sorrow (lots of that this year), real-life-everyday-experiences and faith!
I truly feel blessed to have all of these girls in my life. They are each so different and yet very similar. We are all on our journey of faith together. We are all at different places in our own faith journey, but that is what I feel makes us connect so well. We can learn from each other. I give thanks to God for each of you and for placing you all in my life. I love you guys!
3 comments:
Well, we love you too. I've also stopped referring to everyone as "my friends from church".
And, I've had your playlist going while I'm cleaning my kitchen. Your taste in music is fabulous!
I am in awe everyday of how God can put such different people together and it just works. We seem to fill the gaps, one has what another needs. We are blessed to be able to laugh at each other, with each other and just know we have this amazing safety net out there.
I know this year I have felt honored and so grateful to have you and this insane, faithful group of women in my life.
Post a Comment