There are only 17 days till summer vacation for the kids. That means I have to use this "free time" to the best of my ability for those very short 17 days!
I am, however, looking forward to summer. Just doing fun things with the kids and at their ages now, we can go and do just about whatever we want. It's going to be a GREAT summer!
Andy returned on Saturday from England. He was only gone a week, but I honestly think it was the longest week I've had in a long time. I really missed the small talk, and just knowing he's here (especially at night). Why, oh why, do you hear every.single.noise in the house when you are by yourself. Anyway, glad to have him home!
I had a small little garage sale last week. It was kinda a "street-wide" thing and I honestly didn't think I had enough stuff, so I didn't decide to do it until Monday afternoon. Garage sales here usually open Tuesday evenings and Wednesday morning. It's kinda crazy I know. But I always have such a fun time seeing what people buy and chatting with them. Making a little bit of cash is always a good thing too.
The big debate right now in the Sullivan house is whether to purchase another mini-van or a different type of car. We have to be able to pull Harvey (our pop-up camper). I am ready to drive something other than a van, however the smart and logical thing would be to just get another van. A big part of me, just doesn't want to be smart and logical. I can train my kids to open regular backseat car doors, right?!
Anyway, not much going on here that's super exciting, and I do apologize for boring you with my random thoughts....I will however love to hear your opinion on our vehicle debate. Even if you tell me to suck-it-up and get another van. I can take it, I promise.
Happy Monday my friends!
3 comments:
I know what you mean about hearing every noise when your hubby is gone. Glad he's home!
Good luck on the vehicle decision.
I say get something other than a van, but I have never had a van to tell you differently. I can tell you Palmer has been able to open and close regular backseat doors since he was 3 because that is all he has known. Your kids would do fine with regular doors. The only thing to consider is both kids sitting on a seat together when traveling. My brother and I had some trouble with that growing up when we would travel. Just something to think about! Good Luck!!!
Jodi R
BAN THE VAN!!! Maggie and Max will adjust to whatever you get. Go out to Edmunds.com and check out all the great makes and models. I'm very interested in the Ford Flex, and I'm not usually a fan of Fords. The Flex is in between a van and a SUV, the interior is roomy and it's loaded with tons of car technology. Your "Cool Mom" status would definitely go up by driving something like this!
Have fun making your choice!
Tim
PS - Jodi R. was ALWAYS the instigator of the problems in the backseat when traveling!!!
Post a Comment