Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Rules

Tomorrow is the last full day of school. I know, it's hard to believe, but summer is here and I'm using the next few days to get my "summer rules" in order.

It seems like the first week or two of summer vacation is spent yelling at the kids because they are trying to relearn how to get along with each other for the entire day. My hope is that my list of "summer rules" will help in this process. I'm going to really try to NOT yell.

So here is my list. I'd love for you to share your experiences with me as well. Any "rules" I should add or revamp?

  • Morning tv off at 8:30 am
  • Morning chores must be done before we do anything or go anywhere (Make bed, get dressed, brush teeth and hair)
  • 1 school worksheet per day
  • Read for at least 15/20 minutes per day
  • Quiet Time everyday (in own rooms for 30-45 mins.)
  • Make sure your stuff is picked up and put back where it belongs!

The rest of the day is where the fun comes in.....we don't have a ton of activities planned so that we can just decide what each day brings! I'm really looking forward to having a great summer with my kiddos. Making lots of great memories and just having a great time together!

Okay, I'm really for you to share your "Summer Rules" with me.

No comments: