Friday, April 22, 2011

An Easter Blessing!

May the glory
and the promise
of this joyous time of year
Bring peace
and happiness to you
and those you hold most dear,

And may Christ,

Our Risen Savior,
always be there by your side
To bless you
most abundantly
and be your loving guide.


~Author unknown~


This is one of my very favorite Easter hymns. It brings me back to my childhood when my Grandmother was leading the singing at our church. Her smile and excitement as she sang this hymn is how we all should be everyday!



Enjoy this blessed holiday with those you love and remember how much YOU are loved!
He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci - Love this hymn also. Sometimes going to a more modern church I truly miss the good ole hymns that..yes...we have known since childhood. And what you said about Gram made me smile and chuckle because I can just see her singing up front at church - definitely smiling with excitement!!
Will miss you guys on Easter!
Love u. T.

Mari said...

This brings me back to my childhood! I loved singing this every Easter. I do miss some of those old hymns.