My favorite bags are the Chico bags that I have purchased on Amazon.com. (Hint: You could use your Swagbucks to purchase Amazon gift cards to get your own bags for free!...Still haven't signed-up for Swagbucks? You can do that by clicking here!)
I use my bags for ALL the stores I visit! Including but not limited to, Kroger, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Target, Dollar Tree! (you get the idea...I use them everywhere!)
When at the grocery store, I make sure to tell the cashier BEFORE she starts my order that I have my bags. Then I usually bag the items myself. I tend to put a lot more into the bags than the cashier would. They tend to put a few things in and go to the next bag.
Now using these bags doesn't mean I'm all "green", but at least I'm trying to do my part. I'm sure I'm slacking in other areas, like leaving the water run while I brush my teeth. I'll try to work on that one!
Anyway...in honor of Earth Day, I'm giving away two super-cute reusable bags for you to get in the habit with! Just stick them in your purse and shop, shop, shop away!
Please leave a comment on this blog post (sorry, FB messages don't count!) letting me know what you do to be "green!"
Winner will be announced Monday morning (4/25)
I'll leave you with the person who says it best!
Happy Earth Day!
9 comments:
Traci,
I drive my wife crazy by trying to recycle everything! I even put a small garbage can under the sink to put recycling in - when it's full, we dump it in the huge rolling bin in the garage.
Take care, you green-queen!
Tim
Pick Me! Pick Me! Those are super cute bags! I carry bags around with me in the van, but then I forget to carry them in to the store with me!
We recycle everything in the house, paper, plastic, and cardboard. But I too need to work on turning the water off while I brush my teeth. Emily is always on to me about shutting the water off while brushing.
Happy Earth Day! (Also, my husband's 40th birhday!)
Staci P
Traci -
I also use recyclable bags. I have a bunch that I keep in the car. My mom found these cute little bins at the dollar store and I have 2 in the back of my car that I keep my bags in. I have to walk past the back of my car whenever I get ready to go in a store, so I open the back and grab bags.
I also recycle everything we can. We have four bins in the garage to keep things separated (we still have to do that for our garbage people).
I have to have the water run in the sink as I can't stand to see anything in the bottom of the sink while I brush my teeth. It makes me think the sink isn't clean and that makes me almost gag while brushing my teeth. Just one thing that I probably won't ever give up.
Jodi R.
I recycle as much as I can. Water is off while brushing teeth, cooler showers, heat is turned down, lights turned off, and cruise control used as much as possible.
I even have the overhead light above my desk at work turned off.
Susan
Traci,
Does not cleaning the tub very often count as being green? I am not using chemicals and water to rinse......how about not watering the lawn and shoving the washer full of clothes?........just kidding. I use the bags, shut the van off while waiting for the kiddos at school pick up, recycle, and cook at home and eat leftovers (that counts as being green for us). =)
Mary O
I always use my recyclable bags too! I love the ones from ALDI! They have a square bottom and can fit items more efficiently!
We don't do a lot of recycling, since our area doesn't have bins like Morton. but we do recycle aluminum cans. There is a disabled man in our neighborhood who collects the cans from us and many others. I think it is his source of income. He picks them up every day. So we all just bag up our cans and leave them out front for him. It is a great way to recycle as well as help a neighbor!
Amy
Hey Trace - well....i also recycle paper & plastic at home...i do use walmart bags for grams (things) to put in so they will be contained (I think you know what I'm talking about)...so at least I reuse those bags. Also...at work you don't realize how much paper gets printed & just thrown away so I always put my paper in recycle bin or reuse for scratch paper. Also, like the Aldi bags myself - nice and big. Not do good at turning water off when brushing teeth. One of the many things need to work on :)
Happy E Day!!
Love ya. T.
When I taught first grade, I always loved celebrating Earth Day...now that I am at home, I always miss it :(
We are not very green, despite my desire to be. We recycle and I've always wanted to get reusable bags, but I don't want the ones that say walmart or kroger, so I put off getting them. I do recycle my plastic bags too...however, your giveaway could get me started!!!
Happy Earth Day!
Stacy
I try to use my re-usable bags, but I often forget. These are adorable and I love the way you can tuck them in your purse. Thanks for the giveaway!
Post a Comment