At her visitation, inside the program booklet it said:
"Mom's Philosophy of Life"
and it listed ten things. I have been looking at this piece of paper everyday since that visitation and I have made the decision that everyday, I will try my best to take the advise of my sweet friend.
- Love God, your spouse and your children with all your heart.
- Always look for the good in every situation or person and praise it. Be positive!
- Never waste your time with criticism and negativeness.
- Work hard and plan well for your future. Be involved in bettering your community.
- If you start something, finish it. Don't be a quitter.
- Do something nice for someone every day, even if it is a giving a pleasant greeting, a smile or a telephone call.
This was not the complete list, but these are the points that stand out the most to me. Thank you Doris for your wisdom, gentleness and love. It will live on for a long, long time!
1 comment:
There is so much wisdom in this. I think I'll type it up and hang it somewhere that I see it frequently. If we all followed that advice, what a difference it would make. Thanks!
Post a Comment