Yesterday was "Meet Me Monday", she had to take in pictures of herself and her family and write down her "favorite things!" (ex. her favorite book, sport, food, etc.) She loved picking out all the pictures. She even commented that her teacher let her put all 12 of them up on the bulletin board!
Today is "Treat Tuesday" and thanks to Aunt Jodi, Maggie took 26 adorable frog cookies with her to school. We let Maggie add some m&m eyes and a frosting mouth to the frogs...(which just about put me over the edge)....but they were cute and she liked them!
Tomorrow the kids will write notes to Maggie telling her why they like her, it's called
"Writing Wednesday". She will then get a little book with all the notes from her friends...I can't wait to read them all.
Thursday is "Thinking Thursday." Maggie has to take in a secret item in a box. She has to give the kids 3 different clues and they will try to guess what the item is. I'd love to tell you what the item is...but it's top secret till after Thursday!
Then on Friday, which is "Favorite Book Friday", she gets to take her favorite book in and read it to the class. She also gets to bring a guest to school and have them be a Literacy Listener...Andy is going to school that morning to listen to all the kids read to him. After I take Max to school that day, I'll go in and eat lunch with her too.
Oh, and we have a special guest with us all week...this little guy is the class "pet" and we have to do fun things with him and then Maggie has to write about what they do....isn't he cute!
She is having a super great time and I love that she gets to have this special week all about her!
5 comments:
Our kids got to have special weeks like this too. They are great for building self esteem and helping the other kids know more about them.
PS - the cookies are adorable!
I bet the cookies were a hit! Mags did a great job making them even cuter! Love ya! Jod
Did you tell Mags she will have to kiss a lot of frogs before she meets the real Prince of the Pond?
E. loved the cookies today! She got a blue-eyed frog. They were a big hit in her eyes. Well worth your efforts. I love these special weeks as a mom and a teacher. Enjoy the rest of the week.
OMG! Those cookies are adorable. What a fun week for Maggie!
Post a Comment