Monday, November 16, 2009

Waiting....

...why does it have to be so hard.

I'm not waiting for anything major. I'm trying so hard to just be patient. I'm definitely NOT praying for patience, cause we all know what happens when we do that, right?!

I guess I'm just not a good wait-er! It's hard.

I ordered my new dining table back at the beginning of October, of course it's back ordered, and won't be in until late November. But I want it now! I want to have it before I start decorating for the holidays...oh, yeah...I still have to order the chairs too! And then wait for them to come!

I ordered some Christmas gifts on Etsy also at the beginning of October, have had only one email from the seller, and I'm getting a little worried. (Did I tell you that some items I ordered last year for Christmas didn't come til after Christmas?!?....I think I'm having flashbacks to that) So I'm worried and waiting to hear something from her.

I'm also waiting for the family picture proofs...wishing and hoping they come out okay. Honestly, I'm wishing and hoping I don't look like a complete goofball.

Oh, and I'm waiting for drywall. I'm already tired of looking at pink insulation and wood boards on my walls downstairs.

But instead of whining some more, I guess I'll just wait. What else is there to do!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the waiting! I get like you when I order something. I hate having a sort of date in mind as to when it is going to arrive. I like to have a definite, then the waiting doesn't seem so bad! Good luck! Go work out, that will help get some of the waiting frustration out of your system! :-)
Jodi R

Amber R. said...

Yikes! Now I am worried....I was so proud of myself for getting some shopping done early, but I ordered a few things from Etsy from a few different sellers...hope it all makes it here in time. I ordered a cute little apron to wear as I make Thanksgiving Dinner...maybe I shouldn't have my hopes up for that!?!?! Oh well! Instead of waiting, try just being excited for all the fun stuff in your near future! =)

Yoda said...

Every Jedi Master the same mantra preaches.


"Patience, my Padawan" - Qui-Gon Jinn (to a young Obi-Wan)
"Patience. Use the Force. Think" - Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Anakin)
"I say patience" - Anakin Skywalker (to Obi-Wan)
"Patience. Use the Force. Think" - Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Anakin)
"He will learn patience" - Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Yoda about Luke)
"Patience you must learn." - Yoda (to Luke)

So learn it you must if a true Jedi you wish to be. Often with what one needs but always with what one wants patient one must be.

Rush not. Hurry not for something important not see you will.

Growin' With It said...

no words of wisdom here...i'm TERRIBLE at waiting. hang in there!

Mari said...

I'm no good at that waiting thing either, so I'm relating to what you had to say!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Just so everyone can share in my waiting...I called to check on my table today...and now it's not going to be available till mid January! Waaaa I want to cry! :(

Yoda said...

Continue to eat off the floor you must.