Thursday, June 11, 2009

To clean or not to clean..

I totally forgot the home appraiser was coming to the house today. I really need to start looking at my calendar. Our appointment with the bank to refinance was over 2 months ago, and the home appraiser is just coming today. I guess they are a little behind, but that is an entirely different topic. So as I was looking at my calendar last night, I remembered today's appointment at 8:00 am! Who in their right mind makes an appointment for 8:00 am in the summer, I guess that would be silly me. Just another what-was-I-thinking-moment!

So here I am scrambling to get my house in order. I'm really hoping that it isn't a clean house they are looking for, cause we won't pass. Now don't get me wrong, things are picked up, but things are most definitely NOT clean.

Cleaning was going to be on the to-do list for today, but as I sit here and type the sun and blue sky are peeking through the clouds. We just might have to put the cleaning off till tomorrow...or the next day...or the next day!


Update: Since I began typing this, the home appraiser has come and gone. She totally didn't care that my house was dirty, in fact, she said that her own house was a lot dirtier. So with that said...the cleaning really might have to wait for another day!

**Another Update:** So the blue sky and sun was just a tease....it turned out to be a cloudy, really cool (sweatshirt cool) day so I just turned up the blog music and cleaned the house....I do feel much better now!

5 comments:

Amber R. said...

I love this post! I feel so bad for spending my summer days sitting in the backyard instead of scrubbing my floors...now I feel better! My kids keep asking when your kids can come and play...we have a few vacations coming up, but as soon as we are back, we will have to get together!

Growin' With It said...

note to self...when the movers say they'll be here at 8:15 (another ungodly hour)...they lie!

Mari said...

That's what I should be doing right now! You have inspired me - I'm going to start!

Colored With Memories said...

i bet you do feel great! i'm trying to get motivated!

Beth said...

I always feel the same way when someone comes to the house but I then remind myself that they have probably seen it all! And I know your house was totally fine! :). My mom always cranked the LP's (I'm that old!) when we cleaned. It's brings a smile to my face remembering! Have a good weekend!