Friday, June 19, 2009

Money + VBS = A Good Thing!

I found these cute little banks at Kohl's the other night. They only had one and I thought we would just be able to have the kids share it and combine their money. I don't know why I thought that would work, obviously it didn't. My mom ran out the next day to a different Kohl's and picked up a second bank.

The kids love them. It keeps track of their own money. Maggie is just learning about money, and she knows how much each coin is worth, but this is an easier way for them to watch their money grow.

This is a little video of them all excited about putting their money in the bank!






I love that Maggie wants to use her money for Vacation Bible School.

Speaking of VBS, ours starts next Sunday, June 28th

If you are interested, please check out the church website!

You can even register your child/children online....it's going to be great fun and I would LOVE to see you there!

4 comments:

Mari said...

Those were the cutest videos! I loved hearing the two of them talk and their excitement as the numbers added up. Those really are cool banks and Maggie is pretty special to want to share her money.
We are doing the same VBS at our church.

Liz said...

I love their voices. Videos are the best. Maggie is just too sweet. I am going to have to make a trip to our Kohls' and look for a couple of those banks. Pretty cool!

Diva Princess said...

Woohoo! Thanks for adding the VBS logo on there! We can always use more advertising! Really want to reach as many kids as possible.

Janelle said...

Ok, so Q loves this post and of course we have to find a bank now! He loves his cousins so much and continues to laugh at Max when he says he is going to TOYS R US! Maggie and Max are amazing role models for MR Q and Sloan.