Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Let the fun begin!

Today was the first day for the kids' t-ball/soccer park district program!

Of course, the weather was totally cruddy (rainy, cloudy, humid & damp) all perfect conditions for 2 1/2 hours of sitting outside. Oh, and let me just tell you...I didn't wear a hat...and boy, I should have. My hair and the above mentioned weather conditions, do not mix. So, I've learned my lesson when it comes to rain and Tues/Thurs t-ball soccer....wear a hat!

Another lesson I learned today was to read the park district program schedule with more attention. I signed the kids up for Tues/Thurs, since we go to the gym on Mon/Wed....sounds logical right, however, I forgot to put the -1 (dash one) after the session# and that meant that I signed up for the wrong days. Luckily, they were able to get us in on Tues/Thurs, so all is well....Thanks Beth for giving me a heads up on my mistake.

I also learned that it's going to be hard to entertain the kids for the 45 minutes in between their sessions....good thing they like to play at the playground....maybe I'm the one who needs some entertainment, I may have to bring some cross-stitching, a book, heck..maybe I'll just bring the laptop to keep me entertained.


Day one is down....5 weeks plus a day to go....the fun is only starting! Gotta love it!


Oh, and wishing my mom a very happy birthday today! Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead!

Growin' With It said...

now that i'm a mom i can totally appreciate all those games, meets, events my parents went to. especially the recitals where they sat for hours to hear me play for less than 5 minutes! ahh, but don't our kids look ADORABLE in their uniforms.