Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

I'm thankful for the beautiful weather here yesterday and today. Cool, but not too cool...sun is shining, birds are singing, grass is growing, plants are blooming. I love the weather here in the Midwest, in the spring (early summer) before the humidity kicks in.

I'm thankful for good little helpers. The kids and I cleaned out a bunch of their toys yesterday, so now we are having a kids only garage sale and they get to keep the proceeds....well, more like deposit them to their bank accounts....we'll save some for giving at VBS, maybe a few dollars to spend on a new book, and maybe, if they are really good, I'll let them buy an ice cream cone at Dairy Queen. I'm thankful to get rid of and clean out!

I'm thankful for doctors who take the time and chat. Andy and I ventured down to Springfield on Monday for a second opinion. It was a very good appointment. The doctor was able to confirm my MS (not that I didn't believe my neurologist in Peoria), but he was also able to give me a direction on which drug to start. Just a little guidance, that's all I needed. I feel much more comfortable making a decision now.

I'm thankful for a husband who is willing to go with me to all my doctors appointments, ask the questions that I forgot to ask, and remember all the stuff the doctor said. Couldn't do it without you! Love ya!

I'm thankful for healthy, happy, laughing, playing outside all day kids. What a blessing they are!

I'm thankful for the bathtub to clean up those healthy, happy, laughing, playing outside all day, DIRTY kids!

I'm thankful for family bike rides to the church, and saving a buck or two by not driving the van!

I'm thankful for a new washer and dryer and the big boxes that they came in...oh, the entertainment they bring.

I'm thankful for friends who do not live around here, but who are in town for the week....and meeting their newest family member.

I'm thankful that it's Thursday, which is just one day closer to the weekend!

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

so i have a question...(my kids do the same thing)...here we BUY the toys and then they want to have a garage sale and KEEP all the money to buy MORE toys. at least that's how the twisted arms work around here.

glad to hear you got a second opinion and hope for better treatment. howya doing btw?

Mari said...

Such a great thankful list! Our weather here in Michigan has been perfect too. Glad you got a second opinion. I think that's a smart thing to do.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your Thankful Thursdays....glad to hear your questions were answered...it IS nice when the doctors actually spend time with you....good luck at the garage sale....Peace...Carrie