Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Movie in the Park!

After a birthday dinner for my mom last night, we all headed to Kohl's. With my extra 30% off everything coupon, that expires today...it was a must do! While at Kohl's we ran into Jenny. By the way, Jenny and Dan are back in the U.S.....just in case you didn't know that!

It was actually pretty funny, because that was the fourth time I had "run into" Jenny that day. Maybe she's stalking me....maybe I'm stalking her...maybe great minds think alike...I think that is the real answer!

As we chatted for a few minutes, Jenny reminded us about the movie in the park last night. Just another event I forgot to write in the calendar. (MS and memory loss...there is a connection!) As I looked at my watch is was 7:40...and the movie started at 8:00. We ran to the check-out, and then stood in line forever. We raced home, got into our jammies, made some popcorn, grabbed some blankets and got to the movie about 8:25 ish...not too bad.

We actually only missed a few minutes. (they must have started a little late) It was a lot of fun. We laid on the blanket, ate some popcorn, swatted the bugs and watched Shrek!

What a great way to create fun memories for the kids! We will definitely be doing that again!

Thanks again Jenny for the heads up....wonder how many times I will see you today!

2 comments:

Amber R. said...

Hi Traci! We were in the back corner of the group...my girls saw you come in and started whisper-yelling 'Maggie and Max are here!!!'. By the time it was over, it was too dark to come over to say hello! Next months is Muppets...Jason has a 'thing' against Muppets (aka- small fear), but hopefully we will see you there!

The Shoes said...

I'm glad you guys made it to the movie. My mom and I got home from Kohl's just as it was getting over! I just couldn't leave without really getting use of that 30% off! So fun seeing you throughout Morton! See you today at soccer!