We shipped the kiddos next door with Papa and Jane and we piled our lawn chairs, coolers, and fancy snacks into the van and headed north.
We went to see Garrison Keillor from the NPR show Prairie Home Companion. The radio show was broadcast live from Ravinia, I must tell you that the only reason I would have ever even known about Garrison Keillor is because of my knowledgeable hubby. He has listened to National Public Radio for as long as I've know him. When traveling in the car together, we must always listen to NPR. Jason and Nicole are also Garrison Keillor fans and had actually seen the show before. It was a great show! Ravinia is an awesome place, we saw people of all ages. (and oh how I love to people watch!) The weather was perfect, the show was great and we had the best company ever.
We also did a little shopping (Home Goods, The Container Store, Marshall's, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods) Any trip with shopping involved is a great trip in my book!
We had a wonderful Italian dinner...a very nice hotel room (Nicole is such a whiz with Priceline!) and just an all around great weekend!
I'm really looking forward to doing it again in the near future....well after Nicole has little baby boy or girl...they'll be ready for a little getaway to Ravinia.
3 comments:
Traci,
Good for you for taking an adult getaway! My husband and I were JUST talking about doing this...we need it with all the stuff we've had going on!
Happy Monday,
Genny
what a fun getaway...especially with such great friends!
i'm a people watcher too...love it!
What a fun trip! I would like to shop at those stores too. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment