So sorry about the boring blog this week. I could win the "boring blog" award for sure! I've had several of you, check in to make sure that I'm okay...and I am, it's just been a pretty boring week and I'm tired.
We just returned from a beautiful Maunday Thursday service at church. I love the Easter holiday! My Easter has always been spent at church, then out to dinner at a place that serves "family style!" They bring out fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, corn fritters, slaw, salad & rolls...and they just keep bringin' it....until you are popping the buttons off your new Easter sweater! It's so yummy! I have spent every single Easter that way. (and this is my 36th Easter!)
I have also recruited Andy's side of the family to join us...it's kinda like our new tradition too! This year we have a reservation for 34 people plus a highchair for Sloany! Thirty-five people...see why we go out to eat! Can you imagine how much ham we would need to serve 35 people!
What do you do to celebrate Easter?
4 comments:
Girl, I've got to know which place you go to for your Easter dinner...it sounds fabulous! It reminds me of a place in Indy called Iron Skillet - they serve all this yummy food family style - I love it.
Neither of us have family around, so some sweet friends of ours usually invite us over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos. And of course church in the morning. Good times!
well i think both you and i have had enough of the "non boring" weeks in the past...i'm ready to blog about bad hair days again! and having to wear sweats all next week because i indulged too much on easter dinner!
hey, i TOTALLY missed your bday last week. happy belated sweet friend!
I dress my friends in sailor outfits. And then I swoon at how cute they look.
We have started doing an egg hunt at my mom-in-law's with all the cousins too, and that is super fun.
Happy Easter!!
Post a Comment