Monday, April 13, 2009

Positively Perfect!

On the first day of spring break my true love gave to me...oh, wrong song and my singing is so horrible I will spare you from listening...instead we are going with a "P" theme for this positively perfect stay-home-all-day-long-day!

It was a poor, pitiful, rainy spring day, the perfect day for a pile of pancakes at breakfast. That was Maggie's request and since we wouldn't normally have time to make a pan full of pancakes on a school day, today was her day to pick!

I also tried to get a picture of the people still in their pajamas at a quarter to four this afternoon, but one particular boy was having a problem with it. Maybe it was all the posing for pictures during the picking of eggs yesterday that did him in. Sorry, no picture of the people in their pajamas...maybe next time!

We made popcorn for lunch! Our pantry is in great need of being replenished and I should have piled the people into the van and ventured out to the store today, however...it was much more fun to stay in our cozy jammies and in our warm house and not get out in the rain today! Popcorn and a movie...what could make lunchtime more fun???

Maggie and I also played a new game of "sight word" poker. We laid out all the flash cards and she picked out the words she knew for sure...we then practiced the ones she didn't know as well. Practice makes perfect! She makes this parent so proud!

The plan for dinner turned out to be homemade pizza...we had to have something with a "P" since we had pancakes for breakfast, popcorn for lunch...we just HAD to have pizza for dinner! I guess we could have had, pork chops, potatoes & peas...but pizza, well do I really need to say more?!?

It was a great end to our positively perfect day!

4 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

your alliteration is awesome!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Sounds like a great day!

Pat Palamar said...

You are too cute! You should be a writer of some kind. It's not too late!

Growin' With It said...

great post, fun day...but now i gotta PEE after thinking about all these "P" words!