Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mature Maggie!

I have started to have one of our favorite babysitters over on Tuesday mornings to watch the kids while I run errands by myself. Isn't it amazing how much you can accomplish when you are alone. It is much easier now that my kids are bigger, but WOW, to run around town by myself is AWESOME. I can get so much more done in a shorter time period. So we are making this a weekly event, I get a sitter on Tuesday mornings, the kids have fun and I get some "Me" time (even if that "me" time is spent grocery shopping, it's all good.)

Today, I realized that in no time I will be able to leave the kiddos alone to take care of themselves. Mature Maggie could do it now (please don't call DCFS, I would never leave her alone, but I could totally trust her to do the right thing at the ripe old age of five.) She got dressed this morning and was excited to get outside to ride her big two-wheel bike. I was in the bathroom finishing getting ready, she started to go downstairs and came running back into the bathroom saying "Silly me, I almost forgot to brush my teeth, can you believe that mom?" She got her toothbrush out and brushed her teeth. Then she said," I'm going to head out to ride my bike. I'll stay close mom, oh wait, I need to put my craft stuff away before I go out, what was I thinking!"

Does she sound like she's 14 or what? What happen to my little girl?
Before long this girl will be babysitting others, riding her bike all over town without me, and hopefully making good decisions! I got a glimpse today of the years to come. There will be good and some bad too, but today, I'm going to enjoy these moments while she is only five and try to stop her from growing up too fast.

No comments: