Monday, June 23, 2008

First night of VBS!

Last night was the first night for Vacation Bible School. The first night is always crazy and yet always wonderful! Last night we talked about being thankful, here are a few things I am thankful for:

  • Seeing so many families come for dinner before VBS, that I was rushing my kids to eat so that others could sit down.
  • Seeing those new families and praying that we can connect with them this week and share God's love with them.
  • A great group of youth helpers - I couldn't have picked them better myself.
  • An even better group of four year olds - including a little man who asks 20 million questions at each new activity we stop at.
  • A husband who is willing to help out all week and even if he has to skip his nightly mountain bike ride.
  • A favorite five year old daughter who did a great job in VBS, there wasn't any clinging to mom, there were no tears and no whining, at least that I know of.
  • A favorite three year old little guy who also did great until the last 20 minutes. He was so tired and just wanted his mommy. Can't blame him, 8:30 at night is late for little people. (BTW - he didn't go to sleep till after 10:00 last night, praying for that to go a little better tonight)
  • Last but not least, I am thankful for only 4 more days of VBS!

No comments: