Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thoughts currently in my head...


  • Lack of blogging yet again.  My apologies.  Probably because I'm back to working part-time again and my time is spent running around like a crazy women when I'm not working.  For those of you who didn't know, I took a part-time job at a local photography studio (V Gallery) here in town.  It is really working out well and I really enjoy my time there.  I think it's a good fit for me.  The thing is, I work while the kids are gone (Tues-Fri....10am to 2pm) It's perfect.  However, I'm still trying to figure out how to get all the other "stuff" done.  But it's worth it and I'm really happy there!
  • I know I've said it before, but "Parenthood" on NBC....LOVE IT!  Please don't try to contact me on Tuesday evenings from 9-10pm unless it's a real emergency.  Thanks!
  • Six months from today is Project 4-0!  Stay turned for more info on that.  Don't you hate it when people leave you hanging like that.  It's okay...it will be worth it!
  • The most exciting thing happened on Monday.  I got a new cell phone.  Now, let me just tell you....most people are excited for a new phone, and I am.  I had an original iPhone before and so I moved up to an iPhone 4s.  Honestly, they are really similar (and I don't need the "new" phone like some people....I won't mention any names of adult males living in my home)....but what I'm MOST excited about is that I have service.  With our old provider, I couldn't get any service in downtown Morton....ugh...that's where I work.  So I didn't have service at my job.  How is the school supposed to get a hold of me if there is a sick kiddo?  No service at the Kroger, or the mani/pedi place.  Isn't that just crazy!  But now I have service at ALL those places and I couldn't be more thrilled!  Oh happy day!
  • Back in April, I started watching the amount of carbs in my diet.  I really cut back on all my favorite things.  I cut out chips (you do remember how much I LOVE chips, right?), bread, pasta and all those processed foods that you think shouldn't be too bad.  It has worked for me.  I have lost a little over 20 pounds and have kept it off.  Now, I do have those things occasionally...but I have really learned to read the labels and keep track of those carbs.  Now, 20 pounds doesn't seem like a lot.  I get a little frustrated when I watch those weigh loss shows and people are losing crazy numbers, but I have to remember that I don't have as much to loose as they do.    I guess what I'm saying is that, I feel much better about myself, fitting into size 6/8 clothes again, and feel really good.  I'd still like to lose 8 to 10 more pounds, but if I can just maintain this I'm okay with that too.  Anyway, I guess I just want to encourage whoever may need that extra boost today...whatever approach you take, you CAN do it and you will feel so much better when you do!  Good Luck!

2 comments:

Wendy V. said...

20 lbs.!!!! Good for you!!!! That is really terrific. I only lost 12 when I did the Biggest Loser at school. But, it made feel so much better. I must say, I'm a little bit jealous of that job at V Gallery. Jed and Vicki would be amazing to work with! Thanks for your post. I always love catching up with you. :)

Tim said...

Traci,

20 pounds??? YOU ROCK!! Now, in defense of a certain man's need for new technology, my wife, not me, has the new iPhone to go with her latest version of the iPad. So, who is the techy in our house now??? In fact, she is officially Apple tech support for my sister and dad who also have iPads! It makes me so happy that she has come around to loving technology almost as much as me.

Take care and don't hate on us tech-geeks!

Tim