Monday, February 20, 2012

Need a little color?!?

My boy....sometimes he is wise beyond his years.  He is a very observant kid.  He always notices if I've gotten my hair cut or painted my nails.  He notices new things in the house too (this could possibly be a problem, if I'm not careful) and always says something sweet to comment on these things.  He will definitely make a good husband someday. 

So the other day, he said something that didn't totally shock me, but got me thinking.  We were walking out of Kroger and he said, "Mom, I think you need some color in your life!  Your van is gray and has lots of gray "stuff" on it from winter, your coat is gray and your purse is gray.  Doesn't all that gray make you sad?"  

All I could say to respond was, "You're right, buddy!  I'm not sad, but maybe I do need to add a splash of color!" 

There's not much I can do about the gray van, except maybe wash it and I really love the purse (btw, I'd call it silver, not gray). So, I guess a new scarf it is....just for a pop of color!    Just thinking of it makes me smile and maybe, just maybe, that will be enough to get me though to spring. 

2 comments:

Mari said...

What a sweetheart! He sure will be a good catch someday. :)

Anonymous said...

guess what Traci - when you were little you ALWAYS noticed something new in the house or something new I bought to wear - suppose we know where Max got this - Mom