It's been three years. Three years since my diagnoses of MS. As I was looking back, I wrote this post a year into it. I have to say. Not much has changed (Thank the Lord!) I am doing SO well. I have learned to listen to my body. I have learned what works and what doesn't. And in some kind of weird way, I think my MS has been a blessing. It has made me more aware of what my body is capable of and the power of positive thinking.
Things aren't too bad for me, and I am grateful for that, but it also reminds me that so many others with MS *ARE* suffering. Things aren't as easy for them.
But today, I will remember to stay positive, and to be thankful for the many challenges God brings my way. I will also remember how scared I was back then and remind myself that I am never alone in this. I have a wonderful God who is ALWAYS with me, a supportive husband who is always there, and family and friends who I can always count on.
This was written back on February 12, 2010.....
A year ago today, I posted this request for you to pray. YOU did! And I am so thankful! Then I posted this explaining what was going on....I have to say that I honestly never saw it coming...who ever does really? We tend to think nothing bad is ever going to happen to us.
I've learned so much in this past year, and I know that God puts these challenges in our lives for a reason. I've learned that I have to listen to my body. That's a hard thing for this "I-love-my-routine" girl. Sometimes I have to just slow down, take a rest and refocus on what is really important. Fatigue is the worst complication I've had so far. And that is something I can deal with.
Back in June, I started a treatment program. The medicine is basically to keep the MS from progressing as fast. It's not a guarantee and honestly, the doctors don't really know if it will work...but I feel like I at least have to give it a go. So I do a daily injection...remember my friend, Polly...she and I have become the best of friends. The injections aren't too bad. Most of the time, I swell up a little at the injection site...followed by a bruise and/or lump...but nothing a long sleeve shirt can't hide. I keep telling my friend Laura who has some pretty amazing artwork on her arms that I might need to think about getting a tattoo....just to hide the bruising.
There will always be hurdles to face and struggles to overcome. There will be rough days, when I have to rely on others to help me through....but I'm not going to sit around and wait for those days to come. I'm going to enjoy the everyday, great days that are here now!
I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful, supportive family and group of friends. People who check in on me, friends who make sure I'm not overdoing it, and most importantly a husband who is by my side every moment of the way.
God has blessed me more than I could ever imagine. I am so thankful for all the challenges He sends my way. For in those challenges, I grow closer to Him and that is the greatest gift.
**Since then, I do have a real-life friend named Polly....another blessing to me! And as far as those tattoos go....well, I don't have any, but I still admire them on Laura.
I am SO blessed!
1 comment:
I Love you, Girl! You have an incredible perspective on life and your positive attitude is so contagious...it's no wonder you have more friends than anybody else I know...I feel so lucky to be one of them!
Post a Comment