Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Cookies!

If you really know me, you know that I'm more of a "chips" girl than and "desserts" girl.  So all the holiday baking is not really a huge deal to me.  There are several things that I definitely LOVE, like my friend, Nicole's chocolate covered snack mix!  She dropped off a bag a week or so ago on a crazy afternoon and I think the kids and I ate the entire bag before she even pulled out of the driveway!  The pretzels are the best part in my opinion.  (It's the salty and sweet that do me in!) 

Last Saturday morning while Andy was out biking, the kids and I stayed in our jammies and baked all morning.  Andy loves oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so we made a batch of those.  We also made a batch of cranberry walnut cookies, which is a recipe I got from Andy's mom, Joy.  I always make them because they remind me of her. 

Then we made these.  Thin & Crispy Oatmeal cookies.  I came across the recipe a while back when I was hoping from blog to blog.  I don't know why they looked so good to me, but I printed the recipe and put it in my recipe binder. 

I followed the recipe exactly.....and oh my goodness!  They are wonderful.  They have a little bit of sea salt on the top which honestly, is like frosting to me.  If you like oatmeal cookies, these are the BEST.  Now, they are exactly what they are called, thin and crispy, so if you are looking for a soft, chewy oatmeal cookie, these are not that.  But I don't think you will be disappointed.  Try them.....they are fabulous.  This is the only recipe I've tried from Allie's Clean Plate Club, but I think I'll be trying more very soon.

1 comment:

Allie@Allie'sCleanPlateClub said...

Thanks for the cookie "shout out"!

I have a hard time keeping oatmeal stocked in my kitchen due to these oatmeal cookies and my homemade granola bars! I think I may have to make another batch today...

Am now your newest follower!