Thursday, December 16, 2010

Funny Maggie story!

I having trouble with the computer card reader, so hopefully I can post the rest of my Christmas pictures tomorrow. But I wanted to take a minute to tell you a funny Maggie story.

She went with her class yesterday to a local nursing home to sing Christmas carols. I just love the idea of sharing the joy of the season with others and I commend her teacher for doing this. Just the sight of kids brings a smile to the face of someone who is alone during the holidays and hearing their sweet voices sing makes that smile even brighter!

So on Tuesday, Maggie came home from school reminding me that her class was going on Wednesday. Here is how our conversation went:

Maggie - "I should probably wear something Christmasy...don't you think mom?"

Me - "I think that's a great idea Mag!"

Max comes in and wants to know where Maggie is going for school...

Maggie - "My class is going to the funeral home to sing!" She tells him in her best bossy voice!

Me - "Honey, you are going to a nursing home NOT a funeral home."

Maggie - "Oh, right!"

About five minutes later she comes up to me and says, "Mom, I bet there wouldn't be too many people there to listen to us sing if we went to a funeral home!" Said with just the slightest grin.

Just made me smile!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Funny girl~!