Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Decor - The Family Room!

Welcome to the family room! Glad you could stop by!

I wish I had a fire going and we could sit a while and chat.

I was so excited earlier in the season when I found some battery powered lights at Big Lots to go with the garland on my mantel. We should have put an outlet up on the wall last year before we had the plaster done, but I obviously wasn't thinking about plugs at that time, I was just thinking about getting the project done, and I really didn't like the look of the cord hanging down to the outlet, let alone the safety issues of that. (wow...that was a really long run-on sentence!) Anyway...totally excited about the battery powered lights until I turned them on. They were LED and looked "blue" to me. I kept saying that I could totally keep this up til July 4th, because along with my red stars, it looked like 4th of July! Oh, and those lights, which I haven't lit all that much, totally eat through batteries. So, another thing to add to my after-Christmas sale list. Non-LED, battery powered lights.

But the stockings look cute!


I got the cute red pillow covers from Etsy too! I love the pop of red they add to the downstairs!


This is our family tree! It has ornaments from when Andy and I were kids along with ornaments we have received as gifts. We also have real candy canes, colored lights and red glitter snowflakes on it!


And the nativity scene that the kids CAN touch! I got this for Maggie's 2nd Christmas and it has always been a hit!

Come back again when you can stay a little longer!

1 comment:

Mari said...

I've been enjoying the tour! I love the stockings!