Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Decor - The Living Room!

Welcome!

This is the view coming in from my front door. It seems much larger in this picture then it actually is...but that's okay. This is also the location for the "mommy" tree! The problem I have with this room at Christmas time is that my sectional is not a true red. It's actually more of a burnt orange color which I love (except at Christmas time!) As you know from my kitchen pictures, I love green and red (a true red) and it makes things a little more difficult when I can't put true red in this room. That is why I decorate the "mommy" tree with white lights, with silver, white and clear ornaments! We'll see that in a minute!

I ordered these pillow covers from Etsy this year. They have the green and red that I wanted along with the burnt orange color. I think they look kinda cute!

I have a thing for snowflakes. So there are a lot of snowflakes on this tree.


On top of my armoire, I have several pieces that are silver or clear....just to add a little sparkle!


Also, right inside the front door is a little alcove where I set this little container of greenery...the grasses are there year round, but at Christmas time, I stick the red berries in. However, this year I added lights!

(without the lights!)
(with the lights!)
Doesn't this look so much better!


Also, this is totally driving me crazy...but I'm trying to deal with it. I forgot to buy silver gift wrap at all the after Christmas sales last year and I just can't make myself pay full price, so I'm using the "family" tree gift wrap. (Which totally doesn't match my tree!)

All the gifts that are not opened Christmas morning go under this tree...and should be wrapped in silver wrapping!

Have you started your After-Christmas Sale list yet? I have, and silver gift wrap is at the top of that list!
(Sorry to get off topic there for a second...try not to let the gift wrap in the next picture bother you!)


My all-time favorite Christmas piece to dig out every year. My great-grandmother's nativity scene. Even with the donkey ear missing and the angle wing glued back on too many times to count, it is a very special part of my Christmas decor.

This is the view looking from the kitchen!

Makes me just want to sit it here and curl up with a cup of coffee! Want to join me?


3 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Yes I do want to join you.

Beth said...

It seems so peaceful!

I also thought that there was something wrong with my eyes until I realized that there is snow falling on your blog. I thought my eyes were twitching! :)
Cute!

Mari said...

Everything looks wonderful! I love the sectional and I think your decorating color scheme works well with it!