But this morning as I was packing Maggie's lunch, I realized that I too am little excited about school being out.
* I won't have to pack Maggie's lunch everyday. I don't about you guys, but I struggle every.single.day trying to come up with new stuff for her to take in her lunch sack. It's exhausting.
* There will be NO HOMEWORK! Maggie does a great job at doing her homework....once I get her to start. Earlier in the year, I tried giving her some free time after school to have a snack and get some energy out, but then I would have a hard time trying to get her to focus again. I just want her to get it done and over with, so that we can enjoy the rest of our evening. It's going to be a very nice break with no homework.
* I won't be watching the clock...all-day-long! With Max just going a half day....it just seems like I'm constantly watching the clock. Time to drop someone off, time to pick someone up, time to eat, time to....well you get the idea. I know we all do it, and next school year is going to be the same. The one good thing about next year is that at least both kids will be at the same school and get picked up at the same time. One less place for this taxi driver to go.
* I also am looking forward to the backpacks being put away for a while. Every single day a million papers come home. Then I get the wonderful job of trying to figure out which ones stay and which ones go. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing what my kids are working on, but seriously...there are a million of them. Mags is pretty good at saying..."aww, just pitch it mom!" (Gotta love that girl!) Max on the other hand wants to keep every single doodle for the rest of his life. I usually keep them for a few hours and then secretly pitch them under stuff so he can't find them. He has been known to go dumpster diving for a special picture in the past. (He totally doesn't get that trait from me!)
So my point is that I think I might just be a little more excited about school being out than the kids. The countdown is on...only 7 days and 1 hour to go! Woo-Hoo!
2 comments:
I felt the same way when my kids were in school and the year was coming to an end. There's a lot to be said about the school year being done!
I was nodding my head "yes" to each of your comments (except lunch of course because school lunch is my fav, so I make the kids eat it too. :)) So, ditto to all!!!! Have a great end of the year. We'll have to ride over on our bikes this summer and say hello!
Post a Comment