Friday, May 28, 2010

Blessings in Disguise!

I'm on a new mission.

I'm am really trying hard to let go of all the small "stuff" that doesn't matter through out my day. You know, all those little annoyances that the "other" people in the house do. (I'm sure I don't do anything to annoy them!)

I've decided to watch and observe and try to turn all those little things into something good!

Little things like this....

My wonderful husband answered the phone the other night in our bedroom. He grabbed the phone, looked at the caller id, realized it was a telemarketer and quickly hung up the phone.

Does anyone see the problem? We all know that I have a type-A personality....but really. Is it that hard to put the phone back on the base/charger/thingy! I'm mean come on....but instead of this getting on my very.last.nerve., I'm choosing to see this as a blessing. At least my wonderful hubby was upstairs in our room chatting with me after the kiddos were in bed. And at least he didn't answer and "talk" to the telemarketer like he used to. See...a blessing in disguise.

Here's another one...

Gross...I know! One of the bathroom sinks. I can't tell you how much this frustrates me. I can clean that sink out ...and the very! next! second!...it looks like this. Oh, and this is actually a good picture, usually there is a weeks worth of kids toothpaste (from just one squeeze)...all blue and positioned in a nice glob right there on the side. But again, I'm trying to see this as a blessing in disguise. First, the obvious, at least my kids have teeth. At least they are able to brush their teeth on their own, without my supervision. And at least they are using toothpaste. Even if more of it goes down the drain than in their mouths.

So you get the idea...right?!

Some days might be harder than others to find the little blessings...but I'm determined to let go of all the little stuff that annoys me and turn it around into the blessing it's supposed to be.


4 comments:

Amber R. said...

Traci, thank you so much for this post. It is exactly what I needed on my first day of summer vacation. I was just starting to get grumpy about the fact that my kids are each on their third outfit of the day at only 8:20am, but suddenly it seems sort of cute.

Mari said...

I needed to see this post. I get irritated with things like that also and I need to look at the positive side, cause there really is a lot of positive to look at!

Beth said...

The phone wouldn't bother me much but the sink would. It's the reason that I still don't let the kids brush their teeth without assistance. They get toothpaste EVERYWHERE!!! I can hardly stand it!

Anonymous said...

I was once told:
1) don't sweat the small stuff
2) it is almost all small stuff

I try to remember that - but, we each have our own small stuff that we react to.

Paca