Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sick day = Treat day!

My sweet girl wasn't feeling well today. I decided to keep her home from school. She wasn't horrible, no fever, no cough, just a sore ear and a tickle in her throat. I thought for sure she had an ear infection (you know, one kid feels left out when they don't get their own antibiotic!) We got into the doctor this morning, only to find out that she did not have an ear infection...just a cold! A regular old cold...except for the fact that her cold is running the opposite way. Instead of her nose running and being able to see it running...hers is running down her throat! Okay doc...so what do I do about that?? His reply," have her chew gum!" I wish I could have captured her smile for the rest of you to see! Her reply, "That's the best medicine I've ever heard of!"

So with my girl being a little under the weather, my plans for finishing up the Christmas shopping this afternoon had to be postponed. While she was resting on the couch, probably watching way too much t.v., I made a bunch of goodies.

I made a double batch of Chex Mix with double the seasoning and double the nuts, just the way my hubby likes it. I also made these cute cookies for Maggie's class party tomorrow. I made them last year too, but I think they are so stinkin' cute...I had to make them again. I sure hope she gets to go to her party!

She also got a big surprise today. Her class was making gingerbread houses today and she really didn't want to miss it. One of the moms dropped off all of the goodies so she could still make her very own house at home! So after a little nap this afternoon, she let Max help her and together they created this beautiful masterpiece. Thanks Angie for helping my girl feel better! (I think maybe a little sugar helped too!)


3 comments:

Mari said...

The reindeer are just adorable! And how nice that Maggie got to make a gingerbread house.

The Shoes said...

Love the cookies...what a great idea! Hope Maggie is back to her healthy, happy self tomorrow and you can finish up the shopping. Blake and I went to Target today and it was packed!

Liz said...

Hope that Maggie is feeling better today. I've never heard of chewing gum for a cold. I'll remember that one:) I love your reindeer cookies. They are super cute. You are the queen of cute crafts and goodies. How sweet that a parent dropped off the gingerbread supplies. Now that I have kids of my own, I miss my small town. I don't think I will ever convince my hubby to move there (he is a big city boy). Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!